Chapter 100

Chapter 100: Greenhouse Tragedy

It was a well-lit night with a crescent moon. An invitation to dine together was left by the door of my room, whose sender was expected to be no other than my half, elder brother.

Despite all sorts of doubts or assumptions, I went to the place written on the letter accordingly, and arrived two or three minutes late after the scheduled time.

Considering that our conversation could be something private yet dangerous at the same time, I arrived with preparedness and without keeping anyone to be my company. There shouldn't be much problems since I've refined my abilities in this body, all thanks to my mentor's guidance. But of course, it'd be a rather wise decision to keep my guard up than going there with the lack of awareness of the possibilities limited to the situation.

Nonetheless, the Greenhouse of the Duchess' manor, huh...

The specified place was the most reasonable excuse for me to be more wary of what was about to occur. After all, that place was...

The stage where the Duchess and I enacted the scene to be used as a prologue to the trial where things have been settled by now.

Hence, I was doubtful... Doubtful whether this meeting that never happened in my previous life, was something related to the meaning of the word, revenge. If so, then in no doubt, Lucian-

Would be venting out his anger on me.

"I was tired of waiting. Come and take a seat.", the young master proposed as soon as he saw me enter the setting.

I did as he suggested and slowly walked toward the table side while averting his gaze so I could avoid causing suspicions to the perspective of his eyes.

Since back in the previous timeline, Lucian was never the type of person to be capable of holding back his displeasure that far. Thus, it'd be more unnatural to my opinion if he didn't show any kind of sign that connects to that, during this opportunity.

Which was why, I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable about this dinner sh*t, from the bottom of my mind.

This is quite problematic.

No matter how strong I trained my body, that merely included my abilities in terms of wielding a sword or training self-defense for the sake of my safety. Not to mention, I wasn't given of foul meals in my current life, so if one were to measure my poison resistance, the result would be defined low.

Like... how would I know whether there was something bad mixed in my plate? Furthermore, no good person other than Aiden would care about my well-being and death within this mansion!

"You had something to discuss with me, didn't you?", I asked and went straight to the point, all for the means of avoiding the food that was served for my sake.

He placed back the tableware down to its rightful place, and said as if he was making a declaration;

"Then, I won't reserve myself from stating my business."

"I'd like to talk to you about my mother's issue."

So, it really was about that. I thought, with a cold sweat running down the left part of my face.

"I'll be saying this to the young master in advance. His grace, the Duke, also had an involvement in that case, and I'd like to remind you that there has never been a dispute between the Duchess and I that time."

"Aren't you saying that only so you could get yourself spared?"

"I'd be lying if I said no. However, what I told you just now was also but another matter of truth."