Chapter 124

Chapter 124: A Man's Hopeful Ideals

[]Third Person's POV []

In the middle of a night, cold and dark, two individuals wearing black cloaks have brought themselves to explore a secret passage for certain purposes.

With a lamp in the grasp of either of their right hands, they descended along the echoes of their steps down the stairs as they walked on their own pace, clearing up their initial positions unbeknownst to their allied forces.

"Dame, regarding that blonde man..."

"Oh, are you referring to that inconsistent fool?"

Carrying on the intent to proceed to their destination, they continued to move their lips whilst they enveloped themselves with a serious atmosphere, after having the acknowledgement of the potential weight of the conversation.

"That's right. During the last moments before our recent operation, that guy apparently said something very bizarre out of a sudden.", the tall man with a huge physique uttered, trying to gather the suspense before he could thoroughly fess up the rest of the story.

"Enough with your useless pauses. You won't like it when my patience runs out."

Seeing through the other person's pushover nature when it came to his employer by the brimming confidence in that sentence, the guy could only drift along the predicted flow as though it was to prove his undying loyalty.

"Well, my apologies for that."

He then satisfied his master's wishes after the insincere-looking apology.

"...I was told that he asked for the plan to be suspended without giving any reasonable excuse."

Silence soon befell as they halted their movements with the mysterious person with a woman's voice, lost in thought about the matter.

The man who retailed the info tilted his head to the side at the sight of her contemplating posture, wondering what complicated things she has yet again kept in her mind.

"What's wrong?"

"......It's too early to judge with just that."

Murmuring such a phrase, she thoroughly faced her back onto her subordinate's direction and continued the walk despite the awareness that she ended up ignoring his question. But instead, she casually brought up a topic to her subject's liking.

"Come to think of it, you mentioned something about sparing people the last time we talked, didn't you?"

"Yer right. 'Tis ol' man is a far affectionate mentor to his students despite his fierce, handsomely face, after all."

"My. I'd prefer it if you'd pick a more befitting definition than handsome to describe the level of your features."

The man laughed out loudly to appreciate how his awkward jokes turned out to be well-received than expected. His smile went from ear to ear at the thought that his master understood him well.

"Ahem!", he cleared his throat in a boastful manner and finally took on his focus toward what was to be prioritized earlier.

"At any rate, I hope your grace would make an exception for 'those two' along their families."

The woman in a black cloak firmly shut her lips for a while before she could put an end to her careful consideration.

"...Unfortunately, I can't make hasty decisions on my own so simply, specially with the origins of your first student. Moreover, you know it yourself that I'm but another subject of 'that person', don't you?", she continued so she could address the name of the man whom she entrusted her back with, in spite of the means of her grand lineage from a far different setting.