Chapter 66

Chapter 66: Friends

[]Melissa's Perspective []

Despite having several sips of the tea that was supposed to keep myself calm, the restlessness still remained.

As I gently laid my fingers on my neck, the fresh traces of it, being strangled made me lust further of an information concerning the situation at the Duchess' side.

However, I, myself had another role to look after. And now, all I had to do was to wait for it to arrive.

"Milady, I suggest that it would be better if you take a rest for the moment.", Viola proposed.

"That can't be."

"..."

She looked like she wished to question for a reason, knowing what I just went through moments ago.

I couldn't blame her for that, since the performance needed to be outstanding enough for everyone to believe that it wasn't just an act to fool everybody. Nevertheless, Viola did a good job for preventing herself from questioning her master's reply.

I shortly made a smile, being proud of my luck that made me have such a wonderful servant, even with my current reputation.

It was then that a knock was heard from the door.

"You may enter.", I uttered after taking another sip of the tea.

There, the black-haired juvenile entered the scene and reported.

"Lady Melissa, the young master..."

I placed down the teacup and made a stand.

"Viola, I'll leave the tea set to you."

"Yes, Milady."

"Aiden. Where is he now, from what you heard?", I asked, approaching the direction of my personal bodyguard.

"They said he was being persuaded by the head butler at the main entrance of the mansion."

The head butler.....? Is the Duke the one that took part of this plan as well, according to the Duchess?

Thinking that, I recalled the time where this event happened without me, fully knowing the situation, before time rewound.

I see....... The Duke knew...

So that's why he didn't bother to spare a moment to come and check on my condition...

"....."

No... That's not it.

That's right. Even if he didn't take his part for the plan, he wouldn't have come to see how I was doing back then.

I snapped out of it and quickly abandoned such thoughts as soon as possible.

Now wasn't the right time to ponder about something like that. And thus, I stood straight.

"Take me to the place, Aiden."

"As you wish, Milady."

Walking down the hallway in a moderately rapid speed, the Duchess' words during our discussion the other day, crossed my mind.

"Royal blood flows through your veins. And of course, it would be the same case for my son, Lucian."

"So what your saying is...?"

"Lucian can become the successor of the throne."

She has stated a matter of fact. But even then, Lucian's reign wouldn't be possible to happen unless the Crowned Prince tosses away his right as the heir, or leaves the world of the living.