Chapter 116

Chapter 116: From The Sidelines (1)

[]Third Person's POV []

Jeremiah Atlas was born as the second child and first son of the De Clemente household.

Whether it was great luck or misfortune, as he was given birth carrying the blood of his family, he was to follow the traditions of the holy temple that his ancestors held onto till the approach of this day.

To follow what was to be passed on according to the scriptures with bound restrictions of confidentiality based on one's position, he was told to possess the obligation to give birth to the next descendants of the house with his very own wife in the future, considering that the God they worshipped only chose women of the bloodline to have the ability to hear His voice.

Evangeline Cia De Clemente, Jeremiah's elder sister took upon that role and carried out her duties for the few, earlier years, even before he was born or given of the consciousness to be alive.

Nevertheless, despite taking their roles into account within the family, it wasn't like they were at odds with one another. Rather, they got along very pleasantly as they were children raised to honor the white temple's ways, taught of morals aside from the lessons to be known as fellow nobles who were renowned to be close to equal in terms of standing, to the Imperial Family.

Both were gentle-hearted yet firm to their parts, by all means at nature. But never have they known back then...

That this tranquility was slowly but surely beginning to have cracks, behind their backs...

There was once a day that began very peaceful as per usual. Around eight in the morning, the nine-year-old Jeremiah pumped himself up with spirits before the mirror in his room, preparing for the arrival of his tutor for that period, as soon as he finished breakfast with his family downstairs.

Amid his studies, he moved his pen while having short breaks after a while for a resupply of energy, and kept things to proceed very smoothly like it used to be till it was time for lunch.

It was not long after those moments that strange events began to happen then, only from his perspective.

"Well then, I'll get going from here. May God's blessing be upon your side for the rest of today as well, Jeremy.", a certain mint green-haired lady patted the young boy's head.

"Likewise, to you. Sister.", Jeremiah responded to the young Priestess of an age of five years older than himself, and to the sweet words mixed on her formalities.

After reaching the age of sixteen where youths were to be labelled a semi-adult, his sister would finally and officially become a certified head, or Priestess of the sacred temple and the De Clementes.

Thinking how two years would pass by in a blink of an eye than expected, he smiled from ear to ear out of the excitement of the arrival of that specific moment. He could even imagine the dazzling sight of his sister's outstanding features, suiting the white uniform that she would wear during and forever after the ceremony, as he watched the back that parted from his figure.

[ You seem to be enjoying yourself, human. ]

The lad could feel the chills right down his spine from the abrupt twists of events that welcomed the astonishment on his profile.

A woman-like voice to his unfamiliarity, suddenly reached his sense of hearing.

Normally, he would've thought that someone such as a maid have spoken those words from somewhere nearby, like from behind his physique for example. However, he could tell that this one was different from the natural after looking around at his surroundings from the center of that ghostly hallway.