Chapter 110

Chapter 110: Retribution

An ironical yet laughable view went into my eyes.

The moment I drew closer to the duke's face under the pretense of a woman struck by madness, a questionable expression sprouted from his face. It shocked me enough to the point that I went mute for a short while.

My mind was as neat as empty. I didn't know how to react to the sudden phenomenon that came to my sight. Anybody of my position would've responded the same way, enveloped with confusion.

There was nothing to be doubted about what I saw for I wasn't blind. But then, how should I describe the emotions that dwelled into my chest right after?

His deep red irises were shaken at the reflection of me with eyes, widened. His lips, reluctant of uttering the continuation of his phrase were left half-open. And more that anything else, his visibly bent eyebrows proved the bewilderment and concern that was served to this farce.

What's with that...? What's with that....?! I shouted internally and repeatedly, clenching my hands until it bled.

I couldn't understand. And I ultimately refused to understand. But the interpretation gradually sneaked inside my acknowledgement.

The assumptions quickly tempted myself once more meanwhile an afterimage of my own softly whispered into my ears, like a devil naturally coming out of nowhere.

"It seems, that man spared even the littlest care for you, in actuality."

I kept myself absorbed in the same imaginary space to rebel the idea that was presented to me.

"There's no way that's true."

"Hah? You've seen that face, haven't you? What could go wrong by putting your trust at this belief?"

I gritted my teeth to hold back the frustration to be vented to myself for comprehending the duke's opinion toward me based from that one, unforeseen reaction which was written on his profile.

How would that be any different from pushing my expectations to its peak for nothing? Not to mention, even if I did recognize the fact that he truly gave me a piece of concern... somehow, I could only conclude that as something unforgivable.

Only a burning taste of vengeance would remain in my tongue.

"Summon a physician and a psychiatrist at once...!"

Before I knew it, such hasty words came out of the mouth of the important person before my presence.

Thanks to these kinds of actions, proceeding with a certain amount sincerity, I lost the motivation to continue being an actress. Like I'd turn this into a big deal only to be found out after the requested people diagnoses the state of my condition.

I did this, supposing that the duke would pay no heed to whatever happens to my well-being, but with how things turned out to be in reality, there'd be no point to continue any further than this.

"I Quit.", I raised my voice and proclaimed.

Thereafter, I turned my head, dwelling closer to my personal bodyguard, whom I kept on beating up a few minutes ago without prior notice nor a small hint of warning.

I crouched down with a genuine, apologetic demeanor.

"......Can you stand...?" I offered him a hand with a modest voice of a kind.

To be honest, I was very scared of having him involved with my impulsive methods every time. But even I, was desperate enough, no matter how much I said that like an insincere excuse, made in a spur of a moment.