Chapter 86

Chapter 86: Judgement

[]Third Person's POV []

"I shall explain what those massive withdrawal of funds refers to. I'd like to say in advance as well-"

"That this involves an act that rebels the standards that the Empire could tolerate."

Perceiving that, the issue quickly grabbed the spectators' attention, including the all high and mighty Emperor that didn't miss seeing a single occurrence that happened since the very beginning of the trial.

At trials where affairs such as treason is included, normally the court will proceed the event on another day since the audience of his majesty, the Emperor is requested. But that only applies when the ruler is absent. Therefore, in this case, it was a fortunate thing that Wendell was related to the Imperial Family, that this event could carry on smoothly.

Leonard, the current Emperor as well as the only sibling of the Duke of Shevaria, grinned at the sight of the circumstances that turned out to be more amusing than how he thought it would be. Although he had the awareness that it was a serious matter, he liked how it was being interesting on its own way, just like the other nobles that watched the show with eyes, lustful for a great performance.

"I see. Very well.", he uttered and looked at the man that lost his will to resist, with a smile.

"Let us hear about this so-called treacherous act that you've committed, Marquis."

Leonard Vermili Zeid Asquith was certainly an outstanding person praised for having a natural talent at holding the position of the Emperor, while he improvised or polished the qualities of the land that he ruled. He had a good reputation in either good or bad ways; For being an intellectual that uses his ideas for the sake of the upbringing of the Empire, and for being a person that had a bad habit of playing with the treacherous snakes that lied just next to his side.

Even the Marquis that he was seeing right now, he already knew for long of the things that he's been doing behind his back, and more or less of his true nature too. However, he liked toying with scheming fools like him and ends up testing how far they could do with their abilities to obtain the position that he stood on right now. So far, nobody could be successful at dealing with him, but the most regretful thing was that this bad habit of his caused an opening to be made for his dearest one's life to be sacrificed.

"This is the final illegal activity that the Marquis of Aubetré has pulled off, behind our backs. And as hinted a moment ago, this accomplishment inevitably bears its hostility toward the Imperial Family."

"These massive withdrawal of funds plays a concrete evidence of the fact that the Marquis has started making purchases of weapons, armors, and many more, as if he's been preparing for a battle. And as much as we've inspected, these things get delivered to their resident under the guise of spares for the equipment of the guards in the mansion, twice in every month."

Following Chandler's explanation, Butler Doyle began to speak.

"True, these are spares to a certain point since a portion of it are used mostly for training, temporarily. But some are kept in perfect condition until the day where things get unconcealed arrives. That day, by means of the moment..."

"Where the fact that our lord is a rebel gets revealed in the eyes of the Empire."

Seeing the expression that the magistrate wore on his face, he didn't seem to be that convinced of the presented evidence.

"Defense counselor Eicren, although this proves that the lord was preparing for something of a battle with what the two of you have mentioned, this doesn't clarify enough whether he actually bears his hostility toward the Imperial Family.", the judge supposed.