Chapter 60

Chapter 60: Fleurette's Return

[]Third Person's POV []

The carriage has stopped its movements.

The sight of House Aubetré from the window reflected on the red-haired lady's eyes. Though it should've been rough for her, she cared less about what was about to happen, being used to it for so long.

It was something not that unusual by now. All this time, Fleurette managed to keep herself alive by following the Marquis' orders. If she hadn't follow his commands, she wouldn't have survived till this day.

Nevertheless, she didn't know what to feel about that. Out of convenience, she stopped searching for an answer. Rather, she thought it was better for her to disregard that issue.

After all, her feelings and consent didn't matter in the situation.

Even if she chose to run away, if she ever got spotted by the Marquis' people, she'd die without a doubt. Or maybe, she'd be used as a scapegoat instead.

As long as she knew all of the things that the Marquis did, she wouldn't be able to escape from him. Furthermore, she, as well.......

"We have arrived."

As if there were hesitations, the coachman has delayed the way he addressed Fleurette.

".....Lady.", he added.

"....."

'There was no need for him to act like that...'

Fleurette's lips urged to express that statement. However, she decided to ignore the matter instead. Beating around the bush wasn't really her hobby.

Without further ado, she left the carriage. The coachman didn't bother to lend her a hand while she took her steps, even when he was right next to her that time.

No one would blame him for that, specially because he was also one of Marquis Aubetré's people. Fleurette was well aware of this too. Hence, she felt no offense right there. Moreover, it's not like she wished to live like a noble just like her father from the start.

After Fleurette stood on the firm ground, a middle-aged man in his butler uniform began to talk to her.

"It's good that you didn't arrive late.", he spoke as if he was superior than the Duchess of House Shevaria.

This was much as expected; The usual that Fleurette would define.

Strong enough, it all didn't matter to her by now. At least, she was being kept alive.

"Come. The Marquis is not that patient."

Without Fleurette even saying a single word, the occurrences have proceeded as to how it was meant to be.

Being quiet and obedient, she followed the Butler from behind. And whenever they crossed paths with servants, murmurings could be heard.

"Why is the Master still keeping that thing?"

"Right? Wasn't she just an illegitimate child?"

The whispers continued.

No matter what they said, Fleurette didn't waver. She merely closed her eyes in a calm manner and proceeded with the attendant that leaded the way.

Until.....

*knock, knock*

They have arrived right in front of a certain room.

"The miss has arrived, my Lord."

"Let her enter."

The double doors slowly made a creaking sound while it opened. And as that sound rang loudly in Fleurette's ears, she watched the Marquis' back profile that waited for her to come.