Chapter 65

Chapter 65: Clearing the First Step

[]Third Person's POV []

Leaping his legs with all his might, a man in his butler uniform rushed toward his destination.

His footsteps were loud enough for everyone who crossed paths with him to hear, due to the great amount of force he poured in each step. And when a certain door came to his sight, he immediately slammed it open.

Inside the room lied a man that owned similar features from the Duchess of the Shevaria Household. At first, he looked so calm as he tended on the paperwork on his table. But when he caught the words that the butler relayed to him, his hands shivered and constantly broke the tip of the feather pen in his grasp.

With his eyes widened in anger, he shouted.

"That useless bitch! What exactly did she do to get sent to prison after a short period of time?!"

The butler's face went pale, knowing what would happen next. He was flustered, not having the awareness of what he should do.

Usually, Fleurette would've already handled the Marquis by enduring his beating at a time like this. But now that she was no longer present at the scene, the butler couldn't help but worry about his safety in the situation.

While thinking about such issues, the Marquis began to yell at him with a question.

"Just how the hell did she get caught?!"

"T-that is...! The s-spies that worked for us there mentioned that s-she made a move when many eyes surrounded them-"

"Is she stupid or what?!!", the Marquis complained while slamming his fists on top of the desk.

Several papers flew away from the table not long after.

On the meantime, the Marquis forcefully scratched his head despite ruining his tidied hair. He had an obvious reaction upon hearing what happened.

"That damned wench!! How dare she!!!"

"Milord, at this rate-"

"I KNOW!!!"

The red-haired man gritted his teeth and temporarily proceeded with the things that must be done.

"Send someone to kill her right away! Do it before everything's too late!!"

"Y-yes, Milord!"

Just like that, the butler ran away from the setting as fast as he could to fulfill his master's command.

After that, the Marquis vented out his hatred to the objects that lingered around him.

He pushed down the desk and tossed away the chair that he just sat on, resulting one of its legs to be broken. Even the important documents got all ruined because of the leaking ink after it all landed down the floor. He created a mess inside the study room.

But he never minded this for he knew that the maids would clean it later on. The only thing that concerned him at the moment was the matter about the failure that his illegitimate daughter has made.

Although he wasn't one with much intelligence, he wasn't that of a fool either. He could tell that something was strange after thinking about it for a while.

"So this is your way of rebelling me, you piece of shit.", he cursed his child while biting the nail of his thumb till it bled.

Marquis Aubetré has guessed as much as what the opponent's intentions were. And what he feared the most was the probability that Fleurette would spill the beans to other people. In addition, he still had another reason to keep his evil deeds hidden for now. Nevertheless...