Chapter 50

Chapter 50: Accidental Meeting And The Priest

"I'd like to purchase the newly-released series."

As soon as we entered the biggest bookshop at the Imperial Capital, Avalonia, Duchess Fleurette immediately went to communicate with the receptionist.

"Shall it be the same as usual?"

"Yes."

"Understood. Thank you for your purchase, Madam."

Judging from their conversation, it looks like the Duchess was a regular customer of the bookstore. I didn't have any doubt about that, knowing Avalonia's popularity among the citizen of the Empire.

I wonder how many books does she buy by the term 'usual'?

Soon after I concerned myself over that, the Duchess began to talk to me.

"By the way, starting from tomorrow, I will be returning to House Aubetré."

"....."

My mouth slightly opened by itself while I gazed at her with widened eyes.

Her announcement was made too sudden that it took me a lot of time before I could give her a reply.

I paused not only because of shock, but consideration.

If the Duchess were to leave the mansion, then the servants would likely create another ruckus.

Duchess Fleurette once agreed to enact a discussion, stating that she'd help me when someone causes me trouble to signify our friendship, in front of the attendants present that time.

In fact, that was just a mere act to make them believe that I had the Duchess' support on my back. Having Fleurette actually doing something like that wouldn't benefit her anything even if I ask her so. As such, that was the only option that I could think of, which was also approved by her at the end of our talk.

The servants from the mansion likes gossip, just as the nobles during social gatherings. And in gratitude to that, things have went well on my side; where their mischievous actions have lessened compared to their extreme behavior in my past life.

But tomorrow, the Duchess said she'd be returning to House Aubetré.

If the storm comes tomorrow, then today shall be the calm.

With that phrase in mind, I asked.

"How long will you stay there?"

"It depends on the situation."

I was confused, being unable to interpret what was behind her words. I sort of knew but there were too many possibilities.

Furthermore, for some reason, I had an eerie feeling concerning the matter. As if I had been forgetting something important...

It didn't took long before I momentarily erased that from my thoughts.

I no longer had any time to spare, the moment I set my foot inside the Boutique.

I have tried out multiple outfits that suited my physical appearance. And at times, I also followed the recommendations that Aiden and Duchess Fleurette has given me.

Changing into different attires in an occasional manner was quite exhausting. Yet, it was more enjoyable than expected.

Whether we used up too much time or not, I was unaware. At any rate, all I knew was it all happened so fast that we finally finished picking out enough clothing for me to wear.

"Are those enough, I wonder?", Fleurette asked.

"No, no, no, no. It's more than enough for me.", I answered without hesitations, being conscious that I would be using the Duke's money for that.

Just like how the books that the Duchess brought would be delivered to the mansion in its due date, so were the outfits that I purchased.

Now that we've finished our businesses here, we'd probably move ourselves to the temple next.

We've made our steps toward the exit of the Boutique. During the meantime, two people has entered the establishment.

At first I didn't mind those two. But then...

"Lady Melissa?", Aiden phrased with wonder.

I froze for a second then immediately looked back.

Shifting my gaze toward the persons that we've crossed paths with, of whom I have laid doubtful eyes onto, I thought.

.........Aren't those two...?

I watched their silver and blonde hairs from afar.

Looking at their figures made me recall a name or two.

Noah and Natasha.

Before I knew it, I was already in front of the Temple.

I barely had any memory of how I arrived in that place. Perhaps, I was too focused about the fact that I saw the two at the Boutique that I couldn't even bother to stuff the occurrences moments earlier into my brain.

I don't even remember now if I ever responded to the people that accompanied me whenever they spoke to me.

With my consciousness that flowed back to me, we proceeded to the entrance with no rush.

There, we saw a priest of some sort, standing near the doorway as if he was waiting for someone's arrival.

I thought he had nothing to do with us. And so, when he began to speak to me, myself directly, I didn't know how to react.

"I have been waiting for your arrival-"

"Lady Melissa.", he said with a smile.

The priest was a charismatic man, yet he left off an odd vibe surrounding him.

To me, he was a complete mystery.

I didn't know anything about him, and neither have I met him before time has rewind. However, he seems to know me.

What made me more curious was his features.

He looked very identical to a certain someone that I would no longer meet in this world.

And that is...

My Mother.

______________________________________

*With this, "I Promise, I'll Leave! But, With No Regrets!!" Season One has been completed!!!!!

*BUT! Of course, the series will continue.~ uwu

*I will continue to upload the chapters here with the same schedule, so please look forward to it! "^"

*And sad news, but there will be no updates next week because I'd like to check the incidents that are about to happen from this point.

*The real deal will begin in the next season!! Hence, stay tuned, and as always, thank you for everyone's support!!!

                                       -MishaBonnellac-