Chapter 97

Chapter 97: Visit and Hazy Warnings

[]Third Person's POV []

It was three o'clock and forty-five minutes in the afternoon. The skies were clear and sunny. And under the dazzling rays of the sun, a grand-looking carriage stopped by the gates of the Yreles Ducal House.

The crests that were largely engraved on its sides was a symbol as eminent to the point that it caught the attention of everyone that coincidentally crossed paths with it. More than anything else, it was the pride of the Empire, itself, for it was something woven even into the flags that'd humbly represent its conquered continent.

Soon enough, a young man that brought the legitimacy of being a royalty through his genes, came down the carriage and got himself received well by the guards at the front gate. They opened the entrance for the young prince with their friendly smiles that intended to appease his imperial highness.

Then proceeding to the main door of the mansion along with his respectable escorts, a maid answered his knocking and welcomed him to come inside, instead of keeping him waiting.

"Will Your Highness be greeting his grace first and foremost, just like yesterday?"

"It'd be bad etiquette to just intrude myself in the mansion without paying my regards to the Duke."

"That's true.", the servant giggled and guided the silver-haired juvenile to the study.

It took a bit of a while for them to arrive in front of the door of their destination. The maid that accompanied the young prince carefully knocked thrice, and then a familiar voice of a man responded.

"What is it?"

"His highness, the Crowned Prince seeks for your presence, your grace."

"... Let him in."

The double doors smoothly opened after one push. There, a man that seemed to have stood in preparation for his entering gradually came into their sight and bowed with one hand on his chest, while he laid the other on his back.

"Greetings to the future sun of the Empire.", he courteously paid his respects.

"Please lift your head. I sincerely apologize for visiting without prior notice again."

"Your Highness needn't to apologize. It is the greatest honor for me to have learned of His Highness' genuine concern toward my daughter."

"Is that so?"

"Yes.", the Duke replied with a very gentle smile.

Even though the others couldn't have noticed anything unusual from the expression that the man wore on his face that moment, Noah could saw through a faint, dark atmosphere mixed in it. It was something that made him feel the chills down by his spine, instinctively.

Perhaps, it was the product of the special lessons that he was obligated to learn as the Crowned Prince of the Empire.

""......""

The silence lingered for several seconds, until Noah began to speak of leaving already, so he could go and take a look at the person that he initially came for.

"Alright then. If you will excuse me..."

"Oh, sure. Please enjoy your stay."

Without the least of intention of looking back as a cold sweat fell down the side of his face, the prince left the place along with his escorts and the maid that would guide him to the so-called daughter's room. Never did he know that time...