Chapter 113

Chapter 113: To Begin From Scratch

I f*cked up...!!

The regrets followed as soon as I completely finished shutting the door of the room that Lucian and I came from.

I didn't really have a single problem about the resolve that I showed to the duke, back in that stage. The issue was the clothes that I left behind in that place all because of my weak memory!

Thanks to the realization, my legs gave in as the toll of the pain that I felt from several, different parts got me at the same time. It was to be predicted for I've already endured my suffering since the duke's abuse begun. Not to mention, I've lost some blood along the process too.

It's not like I can go back there so lamely just to retrieve the item......

I prioritized my worries over the clothes rather than the wounds that sore and continued to consume my strength, being conscious of the fact that my garment at the moment was but a corset and a skirt.

I got too absorbed to the matter that I was brought back to reality by the young master's voice first, before I could realize that I couldn't even notice how the he's already started to worry about my condition, since I abruptly let go of his wrist and surrendered my legs to the floor.

"Sister, can you hang on? It must've hurt, right...?", he asked in an oddly sympathetic tone, taking off his long-sleeved, black coat in a rushed yet careful manner.

I was wondering about what he was trying to do with his clothes, but in a matter of time, I received the answer from the next actions that he performed beside me.

I could only be left speechless with slightly widened eyes.

The juvenile gently wrapped the coat around my upper body, bathing me with the warmth left on itself. Not long after, he turned his back to my sight while crouching and placing his arms on its appropriate places, waiting for the last step to be made.

"Hop on. I'll carry you to your room.", he uttered, all of a sudden.

I narrowed my eyes at the sight of him, openly expressing my disgust to the current twists of events. It was as if the sun would begin to set to the east, this afternoon.

"What's wrong with you today...? You're creeping me out.", I spoke out my honest feelings to the situation without reservations.

"How rude of you when I'm being friendly enough to lend a hand...!", he yelled, being offended.

I was all talk like that at first, but the next phrase that he said baited me to a course of action that even I couldn't have predicted.

"At least...! Let me act like a true older brother...... at times like these..."

I wonder what it was but I was magically carried away by some kind of hypnotism or sorcery that time. Afterward, I soon came to a realization that I already got myself hanging on his back, in a state where his firm, small hands carried my heavy body.

Fortunate or not, he went on the road without any sign of struggling from my weight, allowing me to get reminded of how Lucian also learned of swordsmanship as one of his duties as the heir to Shevaria. While I was a bit disturbed by how things went by till this moment, I temporarily shut my hostility toward Lucian inside an imaginary box, sealed with a lid.

As I rested my profile faced to the right, over his back, I gradually moved my lips according to the words that I ought to ask, precisely in this timing.

"What did you think you would get after pretending to be nice to me today?"

A second was all that it took for him to respond with his legs halted from continuing the delivery.