Chapter 85

Chapter 85: Suppression

[]Third Person's POV []

The marquis scowled at the sight of the treacherous person that sided with his enemy. His face represented vengeance to the point that he cursed the people that dared to set him up in this kind of situation so they could bring him down with the flow of the waves.

And more than anything else, he was frustrated of the fact that he couldn't just make a rampage so carelessly now that he was in front of the judges. Furthermore, it wasn't just the jurors that got in his way but the chains that was under the former war hero's control as well. All he could do was wait for a chance to come so he could be saved from the following occurrences. But it was doubtful that rescue would come, at the same time.

After all, he wasn't given of a definite response when he consulted his suspicions with that person.

Gritting his teeth, he protested, hoping to be able to buy himself some time before this trial, itself, could end. And before things get out of hand as soon as he was given of a judgement.

"I object to these accusations!! I have never committed any sort of crime that involves brutal stuff as murder nor have I ordered my servants to do such illegal things!!!"

Before a second could pass after the Marquis' statement, the maid beside the butler, Avery, shouted.

"That man is the one who's lying, your honors!!!"

"It's not just me, but everyone in the Marquis' manor is well-aware of this fact. There would always be a massacre as soon as he wields a sword in front of us as a punishment of our blunders!!", she continued.

"Truthfully, even as of late, there have been two victims that were punished unreasonably through their deaths, just because they couldn't do their jobs well...!"

At the end of the sentence, the tone of her voice seemed to have become tormented. She clenched her hands at her chest as if she was trying to prevent the thorns that surrounded it, which would entrust her nothing other than pain.

The image of her loved one showed up in her mind and she felt like mourning at his passing, once more. But now wasn't the time of her weeping.

"My lover... was one of them."

Raising her lowered head, she explained the details for a sense of self-satisfaction.

"I am a bit reluctant to say this, but... oddly, he was found to have committed suicide the day we were supposed to dedicate ourselves to an elopement. If Sir Doyle hadn't told me about the truth, my lover's death couldn't have been resolved with propriety."

There, defense counselor Eicren began to speak of the remaining facts that supported the matter.

"Once I was informed of this manner of passing, the way a few of the aristocrats that came into contact with the Marquis were said to have died through suicide or an accident, came to my mind. After Sir Doyle made a confession, it was thoroughly made clear-"

"That their deaths were legitimately made under the orders of that man over there.", he proclaimed as he turned his head toward the Marquis of the esteemed House Aubetré.

Soon enough, the Marchioness focused the spectators' attention to her again, given that she has yet to speak enough, including the unspoken agreement that revolved around her husband and herself.

"That person raised the people that tended to him as murderers. There was no way that I wouldn't know anything about that when I lived at the same mansion as him. And yet, all this time I turned a blind eye to the things that he's done just so I could save myself.", she continued.