Chapter 120

Chapter 120: Shackle-Bound

I was fazed by the sudden occurrence that came before my presence. The specified pieces of description simply blew me away without mercy.

However, covering the lower half of my face with the folding fan that I brought with me tonight, I closed my eyes for a second or two while I emptied up the misled thoughts that I had in my mind.

Be rational, Melissa.

Internally repeating similar words twice, I began to slightly deny the possibility that Aiden was truthfully referring to none other than myself with those definitions, as I took advantage of the hidden possibilities that could be founded from there.

The Empire is quite vast. It could be that there was coincidentally another person with similar features nearby, without my knowledge. And if that wasn't the case, it could also be conceivable to think of how likely it would be for my personal bodyguard to have mentioned a joke.

At any rate, there wasn't anything to guarantee the validity of his sentence. Thus, taking it as though the situation was the latter between what I've speculated, I opened my mouth.

"Silly Aiden. You dare appease me that way? Why don't you fess up the true answer to my curiosity already?", I smirked at him with my flustered state, dissolved completely.

What happened after were all to my surprise. He began to gently caress the left side of head once, directly laying his right hand on the long hair of the same side on my front, only to lower his head and press his lips on it.

And staying at the same posture after having done the peck, he said;

"Don't tell me that you've yet to comprehend my ulterior motives even after doing this?"

He didn't hesitate to tease me while openly hinting out the fact that I shouldn't be so dense due to my long experience of reading various romance-themed stories throughout the years. Nevertheless, it didn't change the state of how great the stimulation it affected to myself.

I was precisely a veteran when it came to reading works of the type. And of course, I might have once misunderstood my feelings toward Noah as a one-sided love. But still, I was also convinced that being pursued by a person of the opposite sex was new to me, as well.

That's why, if I were to be honest at the moment, the present turns of events only brought me discomfort to a certain point. Hence, I naturally couldn't bring myself to respond with any kind of statement to him, as I wore a peculiar face unbeknownst to my consciousness.

But then, a certain thought crossed my mind to trigger the most effective way of straying myself from the current matter. Nonetheless, it wasn't that it brought me calmness at the same time.

It's just that I was reminded of the cruel fate that entangled myself with white snakes for the price that I was required to pay.

Thus, at this moment, I've come to the awareness...

That the feelings that the man before me harbored, was no other than an act of digging his own grave toward a path entitled misery.

"......", with my mouth, half-open while he partly noticed the change in my complexion after a short period has passed, I pushed him away as he was about to question the state of my well-being.

"Unfortunately, the affection that you bear is a big hindrance to me, Sir."

"Wh-"

"I hope you could swallow your foolishness by the next time I see that face of yours.", I mocked his emotions by my definition, and turned my back at his figure with brisk steps toward a separate place, alone, after having blended into the crowd.