Chapter 117

Chapter 117: From The Sidelines (2)

[]Third Person's POV []

Continuing on with various impressions left behind to Jeremiah's senses toward the final sight that he saw during the moments of her sister's succession, the image somehow couldn't get away from his thoughts.

[ Still thinking about that, huh. I'd say, it's a good way to entertain myself still. ]

"Don't speak as if you know everything. It makes me doubt your intentions once more.", he mumbled quietly as he stood in a manner of resting his back on the wall next to the back door, while waiting for the late arrival of the main character of the event.

In a matter of time, the door opened, followed by the entrance of a mint green-haired beautiful woman to the corner of the eyes of the guy with similar kinds of features to the person.

"Did I make you wait long?"

The kind yet cheerful tone of her voice tagged along with the demeanor that showed not a single sign of blue made Jeremiah blankly stare at the realization that he could've been worried for nothing.

'I must've been mistaken.', such words lingered in his mind and enabled him to swallow his worrywart side whether it was a good choice or not.

It led him to have the incapability to speak up for what he wished to question with the pure motive of allowing his dear sister to take a breather from her own hidden worries, just as how she dealt with his issues from time to time-

Not knowing that he would eventually regret this decision, in the future.

Seasons swayed and flied side to side with the fast passage of time.

Before he knew it, Jeremiah's already gone past the age of fourteen. And by then, the peaceful era released from the ignition of the deceased Emperor's obsession toward warfare has long begun.

It was a warm day of early summer, consisting of clear blue skies above. The youth just so happened to pass by the temple for the handling of an affair where his presence has been required. And then, in the middle of his walk toward his destination, a certain view of a familiar woman reached his sight.

It was the Head Priestess, Evangeline. And on her front was the person who often came to the temple with a picked bunch of soldiers, seeking for a blessing for their success and safe return while the war still continued to rage on passionately.

"The war hero...?"

Taking notice of his pause, the second master of the De Clementes' guide looked back and paid attention to this sudden movement.

"Young master, is something the matter?"

"Ah- it's nothing... Let's proceed.", Jeremiah smiled.

As they resumed to take their steps along the road, the smile that he placed on the surface soon vanished and got replaced by an inwardly contemplating one.

The second prince of the Empire, currently known as the duke of Shevaria, has been granted of an audience with the Head of House De Clemente. What's more was that it seemed to be a private meeting with just the two of them, set on a place with blooming violets instead of a room where they could make sure that no one else other than themselves could listen to their discussion, like how the other guests frequently preferred.

And other than that, it was more intriguing to think that the duke would still have some business with the person, when the war has long lost its flames.

'Now, why do I keep getting bugged by unnecessary details? It could be about something important, which is outside of that issue...!'

[ I sure wonder too. ]