Chapter 14

Chapter 14: A Useful Piece♦

*Whack!* In a room of mine that had a gloomy background for being unkept for so long, that sound kept repeating itself.

The doors and windows have been shut, in order to provide a lack of evidence for the woman's crime.

However, that was an unnecessary procedure since no one would ever come to stand for me.

Because I no longer had the right to get defended by anybody in that house.

It hurt... That was the first time someone gave me a beating.

The innocent me that time could never imagine that hands could be used that way as well.

It really hurt, that my whole body shivered and denied for another hit.

Even my cheeks got swollen. And the way it sting made me cry like a typical crybaby.

But what else could I do in that situation? I was powerless. Therefore, there was no way that I could fight back to an adult like Helen.

Furthermore, no matter how much I scream for help out there...

No one would come to save me.

As I lied on the dusty floor with my hands covering one of my cheeks, I watched the maid that crouched as she grinned at me while enjoying my pitiful state.

"Helen, why.....?"

"Melissa... the Master, you know. He always punished me like this whenever I make the slightest mistake while serving you.", Helen dictated with the vengeful eyes of hers that glared at me.

"So, how is it?-

Wasn't it a nice experience? The feeling of getting beaten up.", she uttered with a horrifying big smile.

After that, Helen never gave me another chance to speak back to her and continued to torture me even when my nose bled.

The only thing that I could do was a long-lasting pondering till she was done with me.

I wonder what have I done to deserve that kind of suffering?

If only I knew..... Yes. If only I knew that I would go through something like that, I wouldn't have trusted anyone. I wouldn't have strived to be someone suitable as the Duke's daughter. I wouldn't have entered the mansion and thought of it as a warm home. I wouldn't have taken the Duke's hand back then. And most of all...

I wouldn't have grown to love that family.

It was from then that I set a goal for myself to be someone stronger. Then, I swore to never get deceived by anybody again.

Yes. I've thrown away my naive self. And a part of that naivety...

Was mercy.

And thus, I will no longer waver. Even if someone would get violently punished as they get what they deserved in front of these pair of cordovan pink eyes.

I will not let go of the chance that was given to me. Although I am aware that I might've been led to the wrong path because of this anger, I'll let them know... that they picked the wrong opponent.

And I'll make them have a sip of their own venom.

The room became so rowdy as soon as people intruded in it after hearing my cries.

"Waaaaaaaah...!", I repeatedly shouted with the crocodile tears that kept billowing down my cheeks.

Then, the servants that gathered there murmured about the crime that Helen have done. And whispered about how pitiful I was to get treated so roughly, at the same time.