Chapter 93

Chapter 93: Conflicted Distressfulness

Melissa Ernel von Shevaria. Currently, twelve years old (in this body). And now, I'm facing the biggest crisis of my life.

At present, I'm stuck in front of the entrance door whose room beyond belongs to that one guy that I've intended to avoid making contact with, up until now. And again, that refers to the same person that brought me death in my previous life.

Tsk... I've underestimated the Emperor.

Perhaps, it was normal for him to have thought that I should formally introduce myself to the Crowned Prince first, but I never heard of anything about that kind of event happening this soon! Not to mention, it was legitimately right after our conversation came to be finished!

Well, now that the palace servant has brought me this far, all according to His Majesty's orders, I can't just turn back without any good or acceptable excuses, can I? It proves how troublesome things have become.

Luckily, I still have Aiden by my side right now, but even if I raise my expectations that he'll help me at some point, he can't just interfere in the current situation as easily as last time. After all, the Imperial Family has the superiority here, in terms of authority.

One wrong move and things could end up pretty bad.

I turned my head a tiny bit toward Aiden's direction and shifted my eyes to his.

'Strictly, do not interfere.', I moved my mouth according to those words, without letting even the slightest voice come out of my throat.

The black-haired youth made a small nod once, having the awareness of the seriousness of the situation. I was relieved as soon as I got his earnest response.

With this, Aiden won't be as likely to get involved into a mess that I'd end up creating.

As such occurrences finished proceeding behind the palace servant's back, the attendant, as well, finally managed to get the Crowned Prince's approval of letting us enter his room.

Upon receiving the opportunity, the double doors gradually opened. And bit by bit, the young man that stood beyond the door, slowly had his appearance exposed to our view.

That radiant silver hair, shone by the lights of the background. And those jeweled, blue eyes that sometimes expresses a cold impression to one's perspective, concretely providing an evidence to his honor and bloodline.

Ahh... the person in front of my eyes right now is, without a doubt-

My once-beloved Noah......

"Name your business and yourself."

I staggered at the sight of his face. His eyes were narrowed in anger as if he despised seeing my presence. Thanks to that reaction, I couldn't bring myself to give him a quick response.

What...? Did I do something wrong...?

I was deprived of unnecessary worries from his gaze. Just when I finally got to see his face-

As expected, I still didn't have any courage to face him head-on like this...

Even if I felt emotions such as yearning as soon as I saw him after a long while, the next thing I endured was nothing more than fear.

I was afraid of him. And I've predicted all along that this would happen.

Even though I loved him so much in the past, it didn't change the fact that he was also another that tried to hurt my mentality and tortured me with the pain just like how my family did to me.