Chapter 123

Chapter 123: A Woman's Secret (2)

A cold breeze passed by our direction as we firmly stood in the middle of the garden beside the Crown Prince's Palace.

In a second after, a small, feather-like substance melted on the surface of Natasha's shoulder to allow us to finally recognize the cloudiness of the skies, which signified the beginning of an early winter at the end of autumn.

The blonde-haired woman lifted her chin to gaze upon the falling snow from above. And as she began to move her lips, mists were formed to follow the ejection of her breath.

"To be frank, I knew that Lady Melissa has been the biggest liar among the three of you."

"And if I were to continue to state the rest of the rankings in that subject, I guess, Noah would be at second place since Aiden lied less.", she eventually shifted her gaze back to my figure after she finished making her confirmations about the condition of our surroundings.

I took a deep breath so I could regain my solidity before I could respond to the tense conversation between us two.

"Do you detest me for that?", I chose to be direct with all honesty, being aware of the weight of the seriousness of our talk.

"No, I appreciated that sort of insincerity instead. It always made me feel assured that I wasn't the only one who was being a liar within our circle as it kept me in a position less convicted."

The female spoke as if she was guilty of a far greater sin which held a heavier burden than we could expect.

Even if I tried to pry into her business, I knew it too well through my instincts as another woman that she wouldn't spill anything to anyone. The transparent wall that separated herself from everyone else would only get thicker and nothing more.

Nevertheless, it wasn't like I didn't have a vague idea regarding the matter that she was encouraging herself to mention in front of my eyes.

The fact that she was giving me some hints about her troubles even just for a bit could only mean that she was willing to ask for someone's help when it came to her circumstances, to a certain point.

But even then, I supposed that she made a wrong decision at assuming that I would have the chance of offering her a helping hand.

After all, no matter how great and noble a person she ought me to be, in fact, I have grown into an individual which was no better than a despicable woman, living along the desire for a self-satisfaction.

No matter how one referred to how I described myself in a positive manner, it could never be enough to hide the tracks of my true nature of being as low as dirt.

"Wouldn't you say it's quite laughable? The gleeful friendship that we built up in the past five years turned out to something as treacherous as a double-edged sword."

"And now, the first petal of our flowery correlation has fell apart."

Silence enveloped the setting for a brief moment. It was as if she was hoping that I would give her a set of words of encouragement, like how a common heroine would do when her friends were bound by shackles of loneliness, in a book.

However, this world wasn't a piece of fiction inside a novel, but reality. On top of that, I already stopped getting swept away by my ideals of being a main character of my very own story, unlike the times when I was being naïve as I attempted to withstand those who opposed me in a way like my position was superior than theirs.

That's why, all I could do was to allow things to pass without my unnecessary interferences. And I was ascertained that I wouldn't be changing my mind even if another were to complain how irresponsible of a person I was to her, despite taking part of the development of our close relation till now.