Chapter 109

Chapter 109: Psychopathic Fabrication

Across the direction where Aiden and I faced toward, lied the Duke of Shevaria, who was the same person that summoned us before his presence.

As he sat at his workplace, focused on the specific details that the documents on top of the desk contained, he granted us half of his attention via communication, in the middle of his busy moments.

"Though inevident, I've gathered enough information about the whole disturbance."

He briefly looked by our way with a stern expression on his face while he proceeded to question our intentions regarding the incident.

"Aiden Faremanne...... and, Melissa Ernel-"

"Tell me what on earth have crossed your minds to have made yourselves do such a thing."

It was as if he purposefully gazed at us both so we could be pressured by the intimidation mixed within it. And, in the meantime that I was hesitating of what was the right move to be made in this occurrence, I quickly became dumbfounded as soon as I witnessed how the black-haired young man beside me went on his knees, before I could even notice.

He banged his head down to the point that he could kiss the floor amid the process, showing the best of his sincerity at apologizing for the sin that he seemed to be most guilty of.

"I will accept any sort of punishment without fail, no matter the worst it may be. To be frank, the entire conflict began because of my rebellious taunting in the first place..."

My eyes wavered, seeing him grovel on his own will like that for the first time, admitting his mistake.

It was a good thing that he didn't lack of the awareness of his personal blunders that he'd end up reflecting upon it as smoothly. But that kind of sense of relief was overthrown by the heavy emotions that emerged on my chest in a mere second after being conscious of what he presently did.

"Wait...!!", I couldn't prevent myself from stopping him argumentatively.

But then, cutting through my sentence as it followed in less than a second, another phrase, begging for the head's clemency, came out of the juvenile's mouth.

"I can assure your grace that milady just fairly thought of covering up my impertinence, leading her to do something as outrageous as that. So, I beg of the duke to fulfill the least of my desire to keep her uninvolved, in case of the punishment to be given from now."

Duke Wendell precisely asked of the head butler to pick me up to here alongside Aiden, whose name was also fully included to heed the summon. That highly and relatively supposes that he was also found to be responsible of participating in the ruckus as well.

The cover has been blown for long since the leader of the Shevaria Dukedom called for Aiden's very existence.

I dislike how things are about to get around, at this rate... I thought, gritting my teeth out of literal displeasure.

Right here, right now, someone desperately pleaded for mercy to be given to my side, attempting to push all of the penalty to his own in order to take responsibility of the recklessness that I've thoughtlessly created in a spur of a moment.

And what's worse was that that person was someone special to my point of view; the gentlest person who took my side and soothed my restless worries...

-And shed his tears to cry for my sake.

There could've been a better option during the time that I came to a decision consisting of giving the young master of this house a beating, deserving of his torturous treatment to me, and his arrogance and discrimination to the bodyguard that I personally appointed to myself.