Chapter 129

Chapter 129: An Escort's Outlook (2)

"I... desire for Lady Melissa, herself."

The unintentional phrase was enough for panic to befall in the middle of the situation, within the narrow carriage where the two of them sat still at that.

Just as much as Aiden internally urged to get flustered from what he murmured about all of a sudden, there was also an obvious reaction to be seen on the expression of the lady across his seat.

"—To swear that she'd always keep me by her side."

Before everything was too late to be corrected by the way that she was to widen her eyes greatly, he quickly spouted follow-ups which didn't change things as much in actuality.

Luckily for him during those moments, everything hadn't gone to the flow where he was misunderstood to have done something as bold and partially similar to a couple's oath.

Nevertheless, the next events never allowed him to rest assured, in a different meaning.

He was yet again reminded of the words that his mistress told him before, which regarded to how she'd eventually leave the Shevaria's mansion ultimately. And by those reasons, for better or for worse, the impulsive wish that he asked for has been thoroughly rejected.

He should've been happy that the conversation that they just had would soon be labelled as something of less importance within their memories as the years pass by. But for some reason, there was a taste of bitter disappointment left on the tip of his tongue at the same time.

No— It was greater than something as half-baked as disappointment.

It was a sense of an intensifying yearning that rebelled the decisions that was long finalized inside her ladyship's thoughts; A denial that lusted for her everlasting presence within the range that his hands could reach out to, forevermore.

And more than anything else, it was a sinful choice that uglily preferred to break her wings and restrain her with a new set of chains.

Only then did he have the thought of doubting the deeper side of his current feelings—

The emotions that signified what he truly felt toward the person in front of his eyes.

Truthfully, there had already been signs of the suspected condition, in which he often described to be rather questionable whenever it sprouted within his mind, from time to time.

Like a split personality that would occasionally ascend for a second or two and then subside, his way of thinking would sometimes get occupied by something identical to a devil's whisper, which slips out a brief, dubious and immoral part of his own nature.

Naturally, he also had wishes to confirm the cause when he felt like it by then. Thus, when the time came where he was led to the suspicions that ascended from his current situation, he found himself determined to recognize the conclusive results after having taken advantage of the opportunity.

Therefore, although it could've been an inappropriate course of action to take as it could likewise lead to misunderstandings once more, he was satisfied in his own way toward his resolve to overcome the means of drifting along his will.

Following the entry of the young maiden with the light green hair and the black-haired juvenile's feet by the grounds of the grand household of Shevaria, they finished their trivial exchanges to take a step onto the development that took the little bodyguard's initiative.

He quickly wrapped his arms over the warm and tender figure of his master, and made sure that he hadn't made her too uncomfortable by the way he embraced herself.