Chapter 30

Chapter 30: Disgust

"I can't interact with him! I shouldn't...!!", the Duchess yelled.

The words that she shouted made me more curious about what made her continue her relation with Lucian that way. It sounded like something held her back from fixing the situation.

"You should talk more to him, Duchess."

"That's impossible...!! After all-"

"Lucian hates me!!"

From the point that I heard that phrase, I was able to have the awareness of what was holding her back.

Her belief.

She must've thought that Lucian loathed her for some reason. And that resulted her to maintain her distance with her child.

However, a belief will only be a belief. No one knows if that assumption is precise or not. But...

At least, this is what I know.

"Elder brother doesn't hate you."

Lucian never loathed Duchess Fleurette. He would've not even thought of being in contact with her at times if that was really the case. And instead of that, that child craved for his mother's love.

Moreover, because of the Duchess, Lucian came to have the same worries concerning the way that his mother didn't love him, as well.

The problem here was that they just kept deceiving themselves with what they believed about their opponent's opinion about them.

In truth, I'm getting tired of solving this complicated relationship right now.

"Even if elder brother really resented you, I'm sure he will forgive you."

"...."

"I'm sorry for losing my composure. I will take my leave first.", the Duchess replied while she swiftly walked away from the place.

And interrupting her attempt, I called out to her before she completely left.

"You have my word, Duchess. Please..."

"Be his mother again."

Without leaving a response behind, I saw the Duchess' figure slowly disappearing once she stepped inside the mansion. And then, I was left alone outside with one thought in mind.

All that's left is for her to decide.

Ever since that day, I decided to refrain myself from going to the Duchess' palace to give her some time to think things through or give her some space.

Hopefully, things are proceeding well though. I don't know much about the happenings whenever I'm absent during the scene, so it's quite troubling. It's not like I can use the servants to spy on them as well since I know in advance that they would ask for a pay. I don't want to keep wasting my pennies anymore for I absolutely need it in the future!

While pondering like that, I whimsically watched the scenery behind one of the windows in my room.

There was no longer a trace of snow in the background. But as a replacement, I saw the leaves the started to sprout again.

The temperature was getting warmer as well, making me think that spring will come soon.

Time flied so fast without knowing. And if that was really the case, then the day of my parting from this house will arrive in no time.

As such, I prayed.

I hope things will go well, this time...

Just when I phrased that in my mind, I heard a faint voice of a boy coming from below.

"Father!!", he loudly shouted that it reached my ears even though I was in the third floor.

I searched where it came from without rush and lastly noticed that it was Lucian.

He was at the garden.

I saw him approaching the place where the Duke and I frequently had a tea party. There, Wendell was seated on his usual spot. And then, Lucian sat on the seat that I used to sit upon.

So, it's that time already.

During lunchtime, Lucian begged for the Duke to open a tea party with him. That resulted my teatime with the Duke to be canceled, but it was nice to see that they were getting along so I wasn't dissatisfied at all.

As I watched them from afar, I wondered how it would turn out. But just then, an unexpected person came along with Lucian.

It was Duchess Fleurette.

With that, I was convinced that my help didn't go to waste. But at the same time, I panicked for their sake.

"Why did you bring her along, Lucian?! You're ruining it!!", I yelled.

I was aware that Duke Wendell and Duchess Fleurette were in bad terms to each other. Therefore, I kinda foresaw that things will get very awkward between them afterwards.

Is this really going to be okay?! I worried.

Not long after, I saw the Duke commanding her attendants to bring another chair. Guess, he also didn't saw this coming.

A few minutes have passed before the servants arrived with a chair in hand. And finally, the tea party started.

It was unfortunate that I couldn't hear their conversation from my room. But, I'm glad that things didn't get awkward than I thought.

Although their faces didn't look unusual, I could tell that the Duke and the Duchess have been considerate since they were in front of Lucian. And it was quite amusing to see.

Nevertheless, it was very strange.

Right now, I should've been happy watching these turns of events. I should've rejoiced that the three of them were being like a family right now.

And yet, I wonder why...

Why do I feel nothing but disgust while looking at this heartwarming scenery...?

______________________________________

---Extra update for everyone! Yay!! XD

---Rejoice, dear readers!! Were back to updating three chapters every week too!!! Thank you as always and happy reading.~💕

                                       -MishaBonnellac-