Chapter 115.5

Chapter 115.5: Conditions and Inevitable Outcomes

[]Third Person's POV []

As the vassals lavishly blabbered about the affairs to be handled with utmost care among themselves, the person on the throne simply watched over their figures with boredom seen in his eyes.

The ruler was very thankful. Thankful that there was enough distance between the nobles and his feet, keeping his inner thoughts unrevealed.

Since he was a child, Leonard never had any particular interest in anything around this broad world. After having experienced of the education given to his duties as the first prince of the Empire back in the day, people labeled him as a genius from his intelligence which frequently outrivaled even the most excellent teachers during the era.

His expectations were betrayed at that moment. For once, he assumed that there would be difficulties to be encountered even for someone such as himself which would make his work productive and more worth awhile. However, that difficulty, itself, was found on the gap between the talented and the average.

Thus, when he got winded of the confirmation of a younger sibling within his mother's womb, he loosened his grip on the sword and ended his ties with his instructor in terms of the subject. Because, if he also excelled in swordsmanship, there was nothing else to be left behind if ever his sibling came to be a male.

Nobles scorn over the slightest weakness of an individual of the same society.

Only a sigh of relief could be done as soon as the young Leonard was informed of each and every step that his younger brother took as he aged.

Things went smoothly, seeing no conflicts entrusted to useless jealousy has been made. He favored the second prince for his commendable abilities and neutral attitude toward himself.

Peace remained alongside the balance in people's praises despite the rusty smell of blood beyond the Empire's walls.

While as cruel as it may seem to another's point of view, Leonard saw the war as an opportunity, regardless of the sacrifices and grief it shouldered on many.

The throne, the crown, and the scepter in everyone's ideals. The curiosity that he harbored toward those common desires led him to make an effort over claiming the throne. And such thoughts didn't waver even if the weight of his ambition resulted him to sprinkle the drool of a snake into his own failure of a father's rich yearning.

After that, the tranquility and great influence of the first prince's reign gained the good side of the citizen, but... In the end, things went back to square since the passing of his Empress, leaving him to depend on the amusing tactics of the rats, hiding their stench from the range of his vision.

'The rebels lurking among the aristocrats, huh...' The emperor thought, taking into account the reeking insecurities of his subjects ever since the publicity of the executed Marquis of Aubetré's treachery.

He stopped walking in the middle of the hallway, being reminded of his son's response to his warning.

"Your Majesty?", the imperial guard that followed the monarch's steps from behind set his gaze upon the person's presence in a puzzled manner.

"Head of the knights of the Central Division, Philip Hugh. Would it have been better if I hadn't told the Crowned Prince of my knowledge?"

Whilst blessed with outstanding competence, in the end, Leonard was but another father who cared a lot for his own child. The proof was as clear as day, as his conflicted feelings regarding his decision was written all over his stern-looking expression on the surface.