Chapter 119

Chapter 119: To Dislike and To Like

[]Melissa's Perspective []

The reddish color of the fallen tree leaves, followed by the grand feast of thanksgiving toward the peaceful passing of the cold season of winter that would arrive again this year, has dwelled to our side.

As I unemotionally gazed at the window from my seat within the carriage, I was reminded of how I didn't really have any good memories about such an event. However I attended it less due to my reasons for the frequent absence in social circles, every time I prepared for it, I always found myself to think back of the tasteless tears that I shed on the same kind of day, in my past life.

And frankly, it was becoming rather burdensome, at this point. Just as how Lucian was sitting on the same space with me right now in spite of the joyful twist that the duke wouldn't be attending alongside ourselves, during the occasion.

So far, I kept the urge to question why he's sitting here within myself, only to give him hints of the way I couldn't favor his figure to exist before my eyes. Nevertheless, this always happened whenever we weren't together with the duke of Shevaria. Thus, for such an opportunity that already happened more than once, I already knew how he would respond if I repeated the same question this time.

'I don't see a reason why I can't.', he'd say in no doubt, knowing his clinginess since the moment he told me of his determination, several years ago.

That's right. Roughly five years has passed since I freshly carved this big, inerasable scar on my face. Since then, I never left an opening for my mint green-colored hair to grow further than the gap between my neck and my shoulders.

By now, alike to the Aiden who unfortunately got himself into the revocation of the right to sit by my side within the carriage as he grew up into a fine man who was now capable of riding a horse's back, I have finally reached the age of seventeen in this body.

Whether it was due to great luck or not, Duke Wendell paid no heed or became snobbish to my existence ever since that day, similar to how he's been at the previous timeline toward myself. Although there were still factors to be careful about, I preferred how our current relation presented itself with all due ignorance to one another's matters.

It's not liked I was masochistic enough to have had the constant desire to spark a conflict with him too, after all.

And if I were to add up another good(?) thing that happened throughout those years, that would be...

"Lady Melissa. And also, Sir Aiden."

I lifted my head toward the sweet voice that blessed my ears upon its calling for my name, while I stood around the corner of the venue, separated from my busy brother's persistence.

I offered my manners with a bow to the blonde-haired lady's dazzling presence.

"Melissa Ernel of the Ducal Household of Shevaria greets her highness, the Crown Princess."

"Likewise, Aiden of the Faremanne Barony.", my personal bodyguard did a fantastic job to follow my lead.

Natasha smiled cheerlessly, aimed at the stiffness of our formalities to her discomfort.

"As expected, it won't go the same as the old days."

"Of course.", I replied in a friendly manner.

"Your Highness has become the Crown Princess, after all.", Aiden added, syncing to my playful side that teased the woman before our eyes.

As the script has gone by the same as what I've long known from before time turned back at my side, at the age of fifteen, Natasha was certified as the Crown Princess from her due engagement proposed to the emperor, done by the Crown Prince's hands with blood, sweat, and tears.