Chapter 95

Chapter 95: Negotiating for a Win-Win Condition

The following day after I came back from the Imperial Palace and unexpectedly had a fight with Duke Wendell, a letter was sent to the Shevaria residence, addressed to me.

"Geh-", I instinctively let out such a sound which showed an obvious sign of discontentment, along with a face that expressed a similar reaction.

It was a letter crested with the symbol of the Imperial Family. For it to have been delivered this early in the morning meant no other than an approaching series of misfortune, within the range of my assumptions.

Nothing good has ever happened to me since the moment that I've intruded myself in the Imperial Family's matters, after all. Not to mention, the fact that many things gave me a headache a day before made me had the urge to pretend that I haven't received any letter of some sort from them.

He doesn't even give me a single day to take a rest now, huh... I thought, referring to the Emperor.

I didn't have the least of the desire to open the envelop on my hand and read a single content of the letter inside. But even if I chose to beat around the bush like that, it's not like I'd be given of an opportunity to choose a better option for myself either. So, I'd just end up wasting my time here.

"Let's just take a look at it, shall we?", I murmured and quickly read what was written in the letter.

And then, I finished briefly with a sigh at the end of my reading.

"I knew it was another invitation. Well, it's not like there'd be another reason for me to go other than being on the disguise as Noah's playmate, right?"

That proved how the situation was forcing me to get used to Noah and that girl's presence, from this point. And that'd also be final or absolute, despite all of the difficulties that it'd bring to my life, I bet.

Having that in mind, I told myself to be prepared no matter the occurrences that I'd encounter with those two, and filled the holes of unawareness in my thoughts with a good resolve.

And finally, that afternoon...

"It's you."

"Well... Please pardon my intrusion, Your Highness."

We've exchanged our words more properly for the first time when I entered the guest room while he casually drank the milk tea that was prepared on the table to suit ourselves.

"Come. Or else, the tea will get cold.", he invited me with a very different atmosphere compared to last time.

Unexpectedly, I managed to ease myself even after meeting him twice. I, myself, was surprised since I didn't see this coming, for I kind of foresaw myself flinching and trembling every time he'd call out to me.

But... I guess I shouldn't be so sure about that for now.

I responded to his invitation with a spoken yes, and mannerly took a seat across his view. Somehow, it was a familiar sight if it were to be compared to the time that I requested for a private audience with him so I could offer a contract marriage. To think about it now made me feel nostalgic and remember how ironic things turned out later on, at the same time.

I've set the recollections aside, and phrased what I needed to say to him first, as a priority.

"Yesterday, I apologize for showing Your Highness such an embarrassing sight. Truth to be told, I was supposed to formally introduce myself back then, so..."

"Pay no mind to it. You fainted as soon as you saw this brilliant-looking face of mine, right? I already know, because I get that often."

"Yes, that's-"