Chapter 19.5

Extra Chapter: Last Meeting♦

[]Past []

Sitting on a chair beside the wide window, I gazed at the view from there with a blank face.

Then without a knocking to ask for my permission, the door was abruptly opened by someone.

"Go to the Dining Room. His grace is waiting for you.", the old geezer said with a sense of arrogance on his way of speaking.

I glared at him from afar, looking at how his attitude has become.

Does he think that he's superior than me? I thought, furrowing my brows at the Butler.

I was enraged by the way he acted, which was also imitated by the other attendants in the mansion for a long time.

I wanted to retaliate with what I can do to fix this problem. But even if I do, I insisted myself not to since I would end up being the one at wrong, at the very end.

Many contrary to one. And among those many, the Duke was included.

No one would hear me out by now. Like how everyone blamed me when I was just framed by one maid.

The index finger would always point toward me with the belief that I was the one that should be responsible for what happened.

That's why, there was nothing that I could do right now but to seal away what I feel about this mistreatment.

Before even getting an answer from my mouth, the Butler went away. Now, I had no one to escort me like how it should be.

'The lady didn't want me to escort her even if I persisted.'

Most likely, he would use that phrase as an excuse to make me take the blame again.

I'm sick of this life. This is extremely the worst!

Moreover, what's with the Duke? Commanding me to go to the Dining Room... Is he going to scold me for something that I didn't even do again? If so, then f*ck him!

As I cursed the master in my mind, I quickly stood and walked with my heels that stomped the floor with a loud noise.

Ignoring the maids that snickered behind my back once I crossed paths with them, I walked straight to my destination. Until...

*Crack* The heel of my left sandal broke, resulting me to trip and fall down the floor. And what's worse was that I fell right in the middle of the attendants' stare.

This sucks!! I thought as I gritted my teeth from the humiliation that I took.

It was the very worst timing ever.

Soon enough, one handmaiden appeared before my eyes and crouched, making me assume that she came to gladly assist me. AS IF!

"Lady Melissa..."

"That was very entertaining.~", she uttered with an ugly smile that mocked me.

As I gazed at the maid, I had a fake smirk and thought,

F*ck this sh*t.

On the meantime, with my right hand, I sneakily grasped the nearby sandal that hasn't broken its heel. And then-

*Bang!!*

I swiftly smashed the sandal's heel, directly onto the maid's head.

Then, once that handmaiden fell on the cold floor, I rose from my position barefooted and stepped one of my feet on her head.