Chapter 89

Chapter 89: His Warning

[]Third Person's POV []

"As of late, things surely have gone busier at my side too."

The young man whose hair shone in a stunning white color, under the rays of sunlight that slipped through the shade of the tree, sighed alongside his unmannerly state as he laid his body over the perfectly-trimmed, green grass.

Responding to his sentence, the golden-haired girl that sat on his left uttered;

"Didn't you also have afternoon classes around this time? How long do you keep planning on running away from your responsibilities...?"

"-Your Highness."

The juvenile lightly went to give his counterattack through his statement.

"I'll say that right back at you, in a different way. When will you ever drop the formalities while there's only the two of us, at least?"

"I'd prefer not to hear that from a someone that called me all the way to the Imperial Palace, to his convenience.", she lectured him and added.

"I'm not some kind of saint, so my leniency also has its limit, Your Highness. Not to mention, didn't you say that you wish to become a good ruler, just like His Majesty? You'll end up evolving far from his level, I suppose."

The young lady has pointed out a matter of truth in her phrase. And the crowned prince, Noah, has been well-aware of this fact as well. Nevertheless, he never knew when he was younger that the path that his own father walked onto was something so heavy; full of responsibilities, facade, and most of all, disasters that could come out from anyone or anywhere as soon as some kind of event has been triggered.

Studying and training his skills or abilities were the most important. He was required to acquire sufficient knowledge about governing the Empire, as well as the records that contained the accomplishments of the past Emperors, which could come in handy when similar problems get experienced within the era that he would sit upon the throne. He was strictly trained of etiquette to prevent himself from getting stabbed by distasteful glares within social events; fortitude to keep himself calm and brave despite all difficulties brought by the twists of occurrences; swordsmanship and self-defense to be capable of defending himself on his own; and independence to let him learn to trust his decisions and actions the most.

The key for Independence was for him to be a competent person who could differentiate the right from the wrong, and for him to keep himself from completely trusting his comrades since they were people, qualified enough to betray him at any moment. To prevent loss at all times, it was also necessary for him to be able to see through a person's nature no matter the thickest mask they wear, so he could determine whether they'd be an actual threat or not.

However, there was still naivety within Noah in terms of the mentioned subject. And that naivety of his was his faith toward the innocence of the childhood friend that sat next to him right now, Natasha.

And the worst of all, he was foolishly ignorant, or rather, unaware of this weakness.

"I never knew...... I never knew anything.", he murmured.

"When father was on the same age as mine, I honestly wonder how he managed to carry the pressure given by this heavy burden..."

After a brief silence, Natasha joined in the discussion again.

"...I kind of figured out that this would happen, though.", she sighed.

"Still, it's worth the challenge, isn't it? I shouldn't waste the good fortune, no?"