Chapter 87

Chapter 87: An Unforeseen Farewell Filled with Cries and Tears

[]Third Person's POV []

It was midday, at the marquisate of Aubetré. As the wind's cool breeze passed through the two figures that stood by the gate, their silky, long hairs fluttered along the air.

Below the shade of their umbrellas, they casually talked to each other, although there was still a slight tension between themselves. Seeing how the one with silver irises was carrying a large briefcase with her, it seemed as if the two were bidding words of farewell to one another like a normal mother and child.

Then, the red-haired woman began to make a bow in front of the other, as an example of paying her respect.

"Once again, I humbly thank you for your cooperation during the trial, Marchioness."

"I'm embarrassed. I, myself, have obtained benefits from it so it's alright."

As the Marchioness uttered those words, Fleurette could see a small tinge of bitterness from her expression. It was a natural response since forgetting things such as a dark past wasn't something so easy to do.

"...Is Raphaela still sobbing in her room?", she changed the topic to some extent.

"It seems so. And... about her aggression toward you-"

"It's fine, your Ladyship. I am aware that she isn't a bad girl deep down."

"Not to mention, it's no helping that she'd end up blaming me for the designated fate of the person that she thought as her father.", Fleurette added in an apologetic manner.

A brief silence surrounded the setting while the red-haired woman took a deep breath before she could say another word. Then, with a straight face, she said;

"From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for giving me the chance to have the experience of being a noblewoman throughout the years that I was accepted as an Aubetré."

In response to the red-haired woman's final statement, Olivia replied with good intentions.

"May you walk into a flowery path out there."

There, the previous Duchess lowered her head toward the Marchioness for the last time and slowly turned away, headed to the land outside the boundary of the mansion that she used to live in, back in the day. And the moment she set her foot on that ground, the gates closed for her prohibited return, though cruel as it may seem.

Fleurette chose not to look back. Because if she did, the sight of the gates closing would spike poisonous darts on her heart. And she feared that it would put a heavy burden on her as she walked away from the place.

Walking straight ahead to the direction of her destination, she soon found herself calling for the attention of a peculiar coachman downtown. A coachman whose duty was to secure the departure of the woman that was about to enter the carriage right now.

He held out his hand in assistance to the entering of the lady, and courteously closed the side door of the carriage as soon as he saw her taking a seat inside. Then, moving back to the coach box, he grasped the lead and embarked the journey with steady, clopping and rattling sounds.

To be frank, it would take a long time for them to get past the borderline for her to be sent into another country, with the length of the Asquith Empire according to the map.

Honestly, Fleurette was a bit nervous of the idea. For no one other that God could guarantee whether the place that she was destined to enter was somewhere as abundant as the place that she used to reside with. For now, she could only pray that she'd be sent into a decent one so she could finally be at ease.