Chapter 73

Chapter 73: Treason Under A Hidden Circumstance

[]Third Person's POV []

It was a clear, bright day under the shade of the trees, at a vast field within the Imperial Palace.

An eight-year-old girl with a blonde hair was staring upon the sky. Sitting beside her was a boy of a four years gap of age from hers, murmuring words as such.

"Will I..... be able to do well?"

Hearing this, Natasha immediately faced her head toward the silver-haired juvenile.

"...That's so unlike you.", she responded.

"I'm being serious, though."

"So, I am."

The boy was doubtful of his conversation partner's reply. But letting this be, he merely decided to continue.

"My father has high expectations on me."

"...So then?"

"I was just wondering... if I can really become a good leader of the Empire."

He showed a face, having the lack of confidence on what he was about to go through in the near future. The him right now was but a young lad, being concerned whether he could fulfill his role well as he sit on that throne. And more than anything else, he didn't want to worsen the state of his country and let the past emperors' efforts to go to waste.

".....If I may ask, what is Your Highness' opinion of being a good ruler?", Natasha questioned.

"A good ruler..... a person like my father."

"You seem to favor His Imperial Majesty a lot."

"Of course, I would! Father is praised for prospering the Empire since the war came to an end! He even fixed a lot of issues to keep his people's lives at ease!"

"That's why... I wish to be an Emperor like him.", the boy added with a somewhat bitter smile.

From his face, one could understand how much he respected the Emperor

From his face, one could understand how much he respected the Emperor. Staring at his profile, Natasha clenched her hands tightly despite wearing a calm demeanor in the surface.

A good ruler, huh..... She thought.

She wasn't being sarcastic at how the Emperor was well-praised for being one. She was just reminded of things that involved the fight for the throne that lingered behind the scenes.

She felt like throwing up just by having the thought of that crap. Or rather, she couldn't understand.

Why... why would you choose to do something so stupid-

...Father.

The flashback ends there and the scenery changes into the same room that Natasha entered the last minute ago.