Chapter 54

Haizly
ALL I WANTED

"How the fuck!?" Caleb yells at the guys who were in front of him. They stared at him in fear, but I know they try to cover it up by standing still.

"I don't know, sir. But we have to be careful with who we bring in and invite over." One of them replies. Caleb sits down in his chair with a loud sigh. He spins in it for a while, thinking.

"Okay, we need a plan. Something that will get them off our backs." The guys nod and I stand up from the couch to go in the kitchen. I pour myself a third cup of coffee and swallow it black.

This whole week will not go as planned. I really hope it all gets taken care of before Caleb and I get married. It's like the damn universe just wants to mess with us over and over again. We can never get a day off without someone trying to get to us. And when we have a day off, we try to act normal and ignore this damn life. But no, something always crashes onto us.

"I will meet with you guys at the warehouse." Caleb says to the guys as they leave. I hear Caleb's footsteps approaching the kitchen and I don't look up to see him. My eyes are fixed on the coffee in my cup.

"I won't make it to the wedding prep." I sigh and lean my elbows on the counter.

"It's fine. Just work out whatever it is." I walk around the island to go to our bedroom and change, but Caleb's hand stops me and turns me around to face him.

"Baby, I promise you I will fix this. Our plans will be back to normal and everything will be on schedule." I stare at him and see that he's pleading with me. I want to believe him but nothing is normal anymore.

"Caleb, don't promise me that. Just go take care of this." I get out of his grip and make it to our bedroom. I hear the door close and I let out a sigh.

I feel so annoyed and angry with all of this. The government is getting to us. They now know about Caleb. He has done everything to stay hidden from people. He didn't want his name or his face on the news or paper's. He didn't want his family in more danger and he also didn't want any other mafia to know what he has been planning or going.

Caleb isn't hiding anything and once the government realizes that, they'll get off our backs. And I sure hope it's soon.

I get changed and make my way to the venue Caleb and I rented for the party. It's so pretty and I really can't wait to see how it turns out decorated.

"Okay miss, I have made more of these chairs. You never asked how many chairs to make but I'm sure I made enough." Gustav says as he comes out of a room.

"Shall we start decorating?" He asks. I look around and sigh. I want to but I don't know if I should. I don't know how long Caleb will take with this case. Weeks? Months?

"Get it all started," I hear a familiar and high pitch voice say from behind me. I turn and see Hannah coming in confidently. "We don't want to wait." Hannah smirks at me and I grin.

"Okay," Gustav says. "Boys!" He exclaims. Hannah walks over to me and wraps an arm around my shoulders. She's wearing heels so she's taller than me.
---

"What about this one?" The lady who is giving me dresses asks. I look at the dress and I furrow my brows. It's pretty but something is off.

"Do you have it in long sleeve?" I ask her.

"Of course."

"Then I'd like to see it." She nods and gets out of the room I'm in.

"You sounded harsh." Hannah says as she swirls the remainder of wine in her glass.

"I did not. That was me being polite." She chuckles.

"That was nowhere being polite. You sounded like if you owned this bitch." Hannah indicates to the dressing room and everything with it. I roll my eyes and blush.

"Okay, I have this." The lady says as she comes back in. The dress is silky and white. Something perfect.

I tried it on and once I have and looked at myself in the mirror, I knew it was the one.

"Haizly?" Hannah says with a huge smile.

"Hannah." She looks at me like she knows what I'm thinking. We shriek and bring in the lady to shriek with us. Such a weird thing to do.

After the dress pick out we decided to go for lunch. We went to some italian restaurant and I ordered some ravioli while Hannah got spaghetti.

"Wait, the government?" Hannah asks, shocked. Her mouth is gaped and her eyes are wide. I nod. "My big brother is in deep trouble."

"He can't be in trouble if he hasn't done anything." I state.

"You don't know that." I frown. What is she getting at? Does she know something I don't?

Before I could ask her what she meant, she excused herself to go to the restroom. I pulled out my phone but had no message from Caleb.

When I accidentally clicked on News I saw something familiar. And I clicked on it and felt my heart stop.

"You okay?" Hannah asks once she sits down across from me.

I look up at her and show her my phone. Her eyes are wide too. How did we not see this? They weren't even that far from us. It's a picture of me and Hannah talking here. It was after the waiter dropped off our food. The caption reads "Haizly Vasquez, soon to be Mrs. Scott, and Hannah Alvarez were caught hanging out at Roseaus. Is she distracting everyone from her soon to be husband?"

This is so stupid. People think anything and make pages of them online. Caleb isn't planning anything and if he was he would tell me.

This is all getting fucked up once again. And there is no escaping.
---

aaaand another chapter. Again, sorry for not uploading yesterday. I was busy.
Bye
-n