chapter 68

Haizly
ALL I WANTED

Hannah and I decided to go get our nails done today since Caleb had plans for the mafia. Plus, I think my nails need attention right now since I haven't gotten them done since before I got angry at my mom. And that was a long time ago.

Hannah and I walked inside the shop, the strong smell of alcohol and nail polish brining my nostrils. But for some reason I like the smell.

Hannah took care of what to say to the small lady in front of us, while I just looked at the color choices. I wanted nail polish not powder. Nail polish is just fast and I want to leave here early to be honest.

"Take a seat there." The small lady says to me as she puts her hand on my back to lead me to the chair. I oblige and sit down. "Have you picked out a color?" She asks and I sigh, look around then shake my head.

"I'll give you a minute to choose." She says and I nod. I get up from the chair and go back to the stand by the door filled with different colored nail polish.

I don't know what color I want. Either black, white, or red. I chose the red one, since it was a dark red. I grabbed the silver glitter and took it with me. I sat back down on the chair and she smiled.

"Ready?" She asks and I nod.
---

An hour later, my nails are a bit longer than usual (since I like to have my normal nails long) with the red color I picked out. Each ring finger has glitter while the rest has red. I'm amazed by how their turned out, but my God do my fingers hurt.

They really do hurt.

Hannah and I paid then got out of the shop.

"Are my fingers supposed to hurt this bad?" I ask, looking at my pink fingers.

"Yes. They're supposed to hurt. They'll also be itchy." I throw my head back on the seat.

"I can't even handle an itch inside my eyeball without aggressively scratching it." Hannah chuckles.

"It will only be for two days. And it's not like you have anything to do." I scoff.

"I have to finish the living room! And now that I realize, how will I do it with these nails?" I ask. I can tell Hannah rolled her eyes by just her sighing.

"God, you act like you've never done anything with nails. You have long nails all the time." I nod.

"Well that's true." She nods.

"Settled. Now let's go." She says, so I start the car and we drive back to the house. I don't know what kind of business Caleb had to attend to, but I didn't question it since I know I would've went with him and not Hannah. And Hannah and I are getting really close, so I wouldn't want to ruin that.

I also miss Kayden, so maybe I'll ring him when we get home so he can come by and we can chat about what we've missed in each other's lives.

Once we get to the house, I throw the keys on the small table by the stairs and take off my jacket.

"Haizly, is that you?" I hear Caleb ask from his office. I walk over to him and who I see catches me by surprise.

"Valentino? You're out?" I ask, a smile spreading on my face. He nods, a smile on his face as well.

"I am. Just as long as I am being a good guy." He shrugs. I chuckle and walk over to him, giving him a welcoming hug.

"Well, I think we should celebrate." I say.

"I agree." Val says then turns to Caleb. "We'll do it here, tomorrow?" He asks me and I nod.

"Sounds great."

"Also, I've seen what you're doing to the living room. I think it looks great," I smile, "but the carpet is painted." He says. I chuckle and look at Caleb who was just staring at us in confusion.

"I know. Hannah kinda did that, bit it's all fine, I was going to replace it either way." He nods.

"Smart choice. I didn't think you'd actually keep it."

"Ya know it bruh." I say as I punch his arm lightly then walk over to Caleb to give him a kiss.

"How was the salon?" He asks.

"It was alright. The lady was gentle, surprisingly, but my nails are throbbing right now." He grabs my hand and checks the nails.

"They look good. They're actually a really good color. I'm glad you didn't pick a simple black." I frowned and chuckled.

"What other blacks are there?" He groans and shoves me playfully.

"Nothing. Just go back in the living room and finish what you started." He says playfully and I give him another kiss. I walk out of the office and into the living room. Hannah was nowhere in sight so I just continued walking to the painting supplies. I open the bucket and get my painting brush. I put my hair in a messy bun and start getting to work.

A couple minutes into painting, I remembered about texting Kayden. I dropped the brush in the bucket and grabbed my phone from my back pocket.

Me:
Are you free right now?

A couple seconds later he replied.

Kayden:
Nah, why? Something wrong?

Me:
No, nothing's wrong. I just miss you, I haven't seen you in almost two weeks.

Kayden:
I know! I miss you, too. I'll be there in a little. Gotta finish painting first.

I smile.

Me:
Okay ;)

I grab the paint brush again and start painting the wall that was almost done. It was literally just one more piece then I'm done. Then after that I'd have to pick up the carpet, out it in a bag, along with some things in here that we won't need and that won't match the living room.
---

Boring chapter !!! Sorry, I'm on writer's block again.

Anyways, I'll try to upload another chapter today since I haven't uploaded twice :)

Also, Val is back !!! I'm actually really excited to have him back, he was a good character. Even though he was a dick at the beginning, be grew on all of them.

-n