chapter 84

Haizly
ALL I WANTED

"I'm sorry." Kayden says to me when he walks in the house. I sighed and shrugged.

"Don't remind me." He nods. I see he has a suitcase with him and I furrow my brows. "What's that?" I ask. Kayden looks down at the suitcase by him then he looks back at me.

"I brought some painting supplies with me so we can paint." I hum.

"Sounds like fun. But I have no talent." He chuckles.

"I'm pretty sure you know how to paint. You've shown me a painting you made when you were younger and I think it looks good." I scoff.

"Stop trying to be nice." He laughs.

"I'm not trying to be nice, I think it looked good." I shrug.

"Whatever, it was probably a cat's face or something."

"It actually wasn't. It was a painting of a guy crying." My eyes widened as I visualize the image I made when I was in sophomore year. I wasn't okay that era either.

"Well, maybe I can paint something way more cheering right now." He nods. I walk into the kitchen while he follows. I grab the speaker and put on some music while Kayden gets the painting supplies ready.
---

An hour later and I'm barely finishing up what I'm painting. It took me a while to figure out what to paint while Kayden was already painting with different colors. He hasn't finished yet but he's almost done, while I'm trying to figure out the right skin tone.

I tried to paint whatever came to mind, and literally what came up was two people dancing. It's nothing big, but it does have too much color and details that it's getting my mind all fuzzy and frustrated.

"I'm almost done." Kayden tells me. I groan and blow out a breath.

"I still can't find the right skin tone." I say with a groan.

"How light or dark are you trying to make it?" He asks.

"Darker. Like a tan color. But the stupid yellow is being stubborn." Kayden nods then grabs my paint brush before getting some of the red.

"That's because you have to add more red. It will make it darker." I shrug.

"How about you finish it for me?" I suggest in a joking manner.

"No thanks, making a piece is enough for a day. Even a week. I love painting but sometimes I get tired of it. You get me?" He asks and I frowned but nodded. I don't think I have ever loved something but got really tired of it after doing it repeatedly. Baking, yes. Cooking, yes. But those are all simple and not something I really enjoy doing. I mean I love cooking and baking, but it isn't one of my best hobbies.

I was shook when I first wanted to cook. The first time I cooked I started cooking that entire week. It was just breakfast since that's all I knew what to make. But that's because my parents didn't trust me with the stove. I don't blame them, I'd grab a napkin to light it on fire to light my joint.

But it was all fine. No one got hurt. I got high and was out of it while my mom and dad taught me a lesson about drugs.

Like if they've never done it before. I'm sure they have.

"Not really." I tell him. He chuckles then continues working on the skin tone for me. When he found the perfect color, I thanked him and continued painting.

"Mrs. Scott?" I hear Sean say as he walks in the kitchen. When he spots me he walks over to the island.

"Yes? What's wrong, Sean?" Haizly asks, worry in her features. Her heart picks up a speed that something bad happened to Caleb or to someone else in the family.

"Cecilia is here asking for you. She says you know who she is and she can help you look for Crystal." I sighed. I almost forgot about her and Crystal. But Crystal isn't getting away with anything this easily. She will pay for ever messing with Caleb and I.

"Send her in the living room, please, Sean." I say and he nods slowly. He looks at Kayden then at me then walks out of the kitchen. Kayden looks at me in confusion.

"Who's Crystal and Cecilia?" He asks.

"Do you remember Caleb's cousin Crystal?" When I said that his mouth opened wide in realization. "Yeah, that's her. And Cecilia is here to help me look for this bitch. Caleb left this case a long time ago, but she won't get away with anything." I say. I haven't noticed my hand curled up into a fist. Crystal just gets me so angry. I want to kill her myself.

"She was a real bitch." I frowned.

"You've met her?" I asked.

"Once, at a family meeting. She had such an ugly bitch face that it made the whole room tense. I know my mom and Karmen were holding themselves down and not try to do something they'll regret later." I chuckled.

"I would so like to see Karmen and Michelle fight the little bitch." Kayden chuckles. "Anyways, will you stay in here or come with me to handle this?" I asked him.

"I'm going." He says and I nod.

We walk out of the kitchen together, him behind me. We made it to the living room where Cecilia was sitting. When she looks at me she smiles and stood up.

"Hi, Haizly." She says. I nodded towards her.

"Hey Cecilia. It's been a while." She nods.

"I know. I'm glad you're not free right now." I chuckle lightly. Oh if she knew I was just trying to be distracted.

"No, I'm always free." She nods. "Take a seat." We all take one. Kayden sits right next to me while Cecilia sits across from us on the other couch.

"Who is this?" She asks, eyeing Kayden. I smiled.

"This is Kayden Castillo, step-brother of Caleb. He works for Caleb and kills people who owe them. Caleb says he's really good at his job since he's almost his right hand in command. Isn't that great?" I asked, a fake proud smile on my face. "He's also my best friend." I added in. Cecilia nods, her mouth practically on the floor as she eyes him. Kayden shifts beside me uncomfortably. I don't know weather it's from her stare or because of what I just told her. Maybe because he's in a room with a possible killer and a killer.

I don't kill for fun or because someone owes me, just for revenge.

Kayden looks at me but I don't meet his stare. Instead, my focus is on Cecilia who is looking right at Kayden. She's pretty, but I don't know if she's kayden's type. I don't even know if Kayden has a type. But I shouldn't ask unless someone really likes him.

"Okay, let's get down to business." I say then stood up. "We're going into the basement where some of the computer's are held. I heard William say that their computers are like private like the governments. They can hack into anything but keep everything low profile." I say.

I walk out of the living room and to the basement.
---

Sorry for a late update. I hadn't realized when the last time I updated, I swear it felt like yesterday. Anyways, hope you enjoyed. I might upload another since I haven't for almost three days. Or was it four? This staying at home thing really messed me up xD
-n