chapter 13

ALL I WANTED
Haizly

Seven hours and two bus stops later, we make it to Canada. I'm tired and all I want to do is sleep. We put in the password to get into the house but I see something from the corner of my eye. I look and saw someone running away from the entrance of the gates.

"Sean!" I say. Then a gun goes off. Who shot it? Who was shot? I look around in the car but no one has the gun nor is shot. I'm confused.

"Haizly, stay put. Grab the gun just in case." Sean tells me. I grab the gun and take it off the safety lock.

Caleb and some guys walk out of the house, and in Caleb's had was a gun. Was he the one who shot it? The guys run to the gates and opened them. We drove inside while some guys went out to get the person. If that person knows where we are then we might move. We only came here for protection. He might even be working for Rafael.

I get off the car and run to Caleb. I throw my arms around his neck while he holds me with one arm.

"Fuck, Haiz! You really can't follow orders can you?" He says when we pull apart.

"Sorry, I just had to do it. But I got some notes and connected some dots." He looks at me then squints his eyes, crosses his arms over his chest as if to say 'go on' so I do.

"Rafael said someone killed his wife all of a sudden and with no warning. He said he's after you and Valentino. I knew you wouldn't kill anyones wife without a good reason. You wouldn't go after someone who has no fault in this, so it had to be Valentino." He frowns to think.

"But why is he after me? Valentino did that on his own. Alessandro and I went to war for Valentino bombing his place." Then something clicked in my head. Like I suddenly knew what the hell is happening.

"Caleb, I think Rafael's wife was in that house and Valentino didn't know." He looks down at me with a frown. His eyes are looking intetnly in mine.

"I thought of that, too. I was connecting some dots while you were gone but now hearing you say that it makes much more sense." He pauses. "We have to find him and ask him questions." He tells me and I nod. We run inside the house and go our separate ways.

I go into the living room while he goes upstairs. I go in the kitchen when I don't find him in the living room but he's not in here either.

Why would Valentino bomb something of theirs? Have they done something to him that ticked him off? Or what the hell! But when I find him I will-

"Valentino!" I yell when I find him in Caleb's office.

"Haizly, look what I found." He says as he rises up from the seat but I push him back down in the chair. He looks up at me in shock.

"First, I need you to answer some of my questions." I lean down to face him.

"Why did you bomb Alessandro's territory?" I ask through my seething. My eyes narrow at him and I really want to punch him. I am so angry at him for putting Caleb and I in danger. It was all him.

"I did it because he owed me! He owed me money and drugs." He spits back. I stand up straight.

Then something clicked in my head.

"Before Alessandro died he sent Caleb a letter telling him to go to war with him. He said Caleb saved you once and the second time wasn't going to be like the first."

"The first time was because I stole something from him. Drugs, I stole drugs from him. I asked Caleb for back up and he defended me. Alessandro let it slip but he didn't forgive me when I bombed the place." I run a hand through my hair then face.

"But Alessandro forgave you. Why didn't you just let it slip?" I ask him.

"Because I needed the money! I want to become a drug lord, have you not noticed?" Maybe I have but I've just been too observant with what he does around here rather than his personal stuff. I never once thought about him over these past two years, and I didn't think we'd have a problem. But it's always him who does this.

"Drug lords handle their own stuff, Valentino." Caleb says as he enters the office. "They don't go to their son for help- for cover. That's how I learned, because you were never there." Caleb said with venom. He stands beside me and I can feel the tension between him and Valentino.

"Don't get like this, mijo." Valentino said, trying to sound nice and assuring.

"You have no damn right to call me that!" Caleb yells. His veins pop out of his neck and his face is red. He looks damn hot like that, but I know it's not the time.

"Mijo? You are my son, no?" Valentino says smugly.

"No. I'm not your son. When you left you lost the damn right to call me that, you fuck!" Valentino rose up from the chair and charged at Caleb. But Caleb dodged his fist and pushed him back.

"I am not going to fight you! You were never worth my time! I will let Rafael fucking take you, do whatever he wants with you- but you will never come back here asking for help." Valentino's face is red with rage.

This is what Caleb has to do. I know it hurts him bad, but Valentino has only caused trouble for us. I mean during that whole rival-war thing that happened two years ago, Caleb got shot. It was the worst time for me because not only did he get shot but he dumped me.

Because of him.

"I was only here to warn you guys! I was here to give you guys a damn plan. But I'll leave." I look at Caleb but he has no emotion in his eyes.

"No." I say all of a sudden. Caleb and Val turn to look at me. "Answer some questions, then you can leave." Val looks at Caleb but Caleb is looking at me. I grip the gun in my hand and Val'd eyes go to it. I would never use it on him, unless he does something stupid.

Valentino sits down on the chair he was sitting in before. I stand in front of him while Caleb stands behind me.

"Did you know Rafael's pregnant wife was in that house?" I asked him. He looks at me, and I can see right through him.

"No."
---

I decided to post today. Was in the mood. Anyways, I got a new turtle. His name is Luca and he's so cute. But it just worries me that he won't eat.

AnYwAyS, LiKe, CoMmEnT, aNd ShArE!!! <3
-n