chapter 35

Haizly
ALL I WANTED

The next day Caleb left because he had something to do. Kayden decided to come over so we can hang out. I told him to come in and the door was unlocked. And he did. He came in, sat down next to me on the couch and grabbed the chips I was eating.

"First, let me just tell you; I love being able to graduate soon! I will be free!" He throws his hand in the air and 'whoo's'. I chuckle and grab the chips back from him. "Second, the art gallery down in New York asked me to sign up with them. They told me I could have my paintings up and will get money whenever someone buys them." I gasp and shriek with Kayden.

"Kayden this is huge! I am so proud of you. Are you going to sign with them? I think you should, this has always been your dream." I put my hand on his shoulder and he smiles up at me.

"Yeah, I'm going down there tonight. Wanna come?" He asks with a wiggle of his shoulders.

"Of course I do. I want to be there for the big thing." I am honestly proud of him. I remember when I first met him. He was across from me on a chair and sketching. It was the morning when I had a massive headache and I stayed with him.

"Good. I just hope I don't get all nervous when I meet Sean Kelly." I smile.

"You'll do great." I would tell him about me and Caleb, but this is his moment. I don't want to bring my complicated relationship up.
---

Kayden told me to wear something fashionable but not too extreme. So I decided on a maroon lacy dress. The sleeves stop above my elbow and the dress is above my knees. Not bad.

Now, we're just waiting to enter the gallery. Kayden told the security who we were and we went in without another second.

"Kayden Castillo." We hear someone say from behind us. We turn and see the famous Sean Kelly coming up to us. He hugs Kayden and then when he looks at me he takes my hand and kisses it. Fancy people are so extra.

"Are you Kayden's girlfriend?" He asks and my eyes widen. But before I could reply someone behind Sean yelled something to him and Sean quickly grabbed the both of us to follow him. I look at Kayden and he shrugs.

"This is Kayden Castillo and miss . . .?"

"Haizly Vasquez."

". . . Haizly Vasquez. He is here to sign with us and see how this all goes." He tells the guy in front of us.

"I'm Ashton Novak." The guy says as he shakes both our hands.

"Wow, I've seen some of your work. I was impressed." Kayden tells Ashton. Ashton smiles and thanks him. I get lost in the beautiful art that are on the walls. One that catches my attention is the one on the very end of the wall. It's a girl looking at the view of the city. She has glasses, a black coat and the city is bright. But she's the only one that is dark.

"Miss, Vasquez would you like some champagne?" Sean asks. I look at him quickly and nodded. He hands me a full glass and I take a small sip. When I look up Ashton was looking at me. I smiled at him to which he returned.

"There is a picture which just got here from Australia. Let's go see it." Sean leads Kayden to another end of the hall. Ashton and I follow in the very back. Everyone is so talented and they put their imagination and creativity into something beautiful.

"So, are you in school?" Ashton suddenly asks.

"Yeah. I'm at NYU but am graduating in a month." His eyebrows rise in fascination, then put one hand behind him as we walked.

"Smart girl." He chuckles while he says it. I blush and look ahead of me where Sean is telling Kayden something and Kayden nods.

"Yeah," I awkwardly reply.

"Is Kayden your boyfriend?" He asks. What's with all the questions?

"No, he's my best friend." I explain.

"So you're single?" He asks, hope in his tone that I'd say yes.

"No, I have a fiancé." His eyes widen in shock. His eyes go to my hand and I realize I didn't ask Caleb for my ring.

"Doesn't look like it." I look at him and stop walking.

"I am engaged it's just that my ring is at the shop for a clean." I look behind him to another piece of artwork.

"What do you want to do as a career choice?" I was going to reply to him about me being an actress, but something in me didn't want to say it. I've been having second thoughts about my career. I feel like it isn't for me and something else is calling my name but I just can't see it.

"I . . . I don't know yet." he nods and we continue walking to where Kayden and Sean were. The whole night Sean and Kayden kept talking while Kayden showed me some artwork that Sean had shown him and who's it was and how much it costed.

But other than that, Kayden seemed to be having a nice night. I just got lost in the paintings people did. But one that I really did like was the girl in the city. It just looked so pretty even if she wasn't bright from the lights.

"That was an amazing night, thank you for coming with." Kayden tells me as we enter my apartment.

"Of course. The artwork people made looked so nice." He smiles and goes to the fridge to grab a water. He offers me one but I deny.

"I just can't wait to have my artwork there for people to see." He takes a sip of the water then sets it down to use the bathroom. When he goes in the bathroom, the front door opens and Caleb walks in the kitchen.

"Where have you been?" He asks. He sounds like he's ran a marathon.

"I was at the art gallery with Kayden. Why?" I ask in confusion. I thought I sent him a message?

"Okay, I was just worried." I frowned but didn't think much of it. I am exhausted and I just want to sleep.

"I brought your ring." He tells me. I smile as he pulls it out of his pocket. Aren't those the jeans he wore last night? I can't say anything about it because I wear the same dirty jeans for a whole week.

He puts it on my finger and I smile at how right it felt being there.

When Kayden got out of the bathroom we all went to sleep. Kayden is staying in the spare room next to mine and Caleb's bedroom. I got to sleep in Caleb's arms with my head pressed against his chest.