chapter 12

ALL I WANTED
Haizly

"I knew it!" Rafael yelled amd threw the napkin that was on his lap on the table. He stood up and men started going his way.

Shit, we have to leave before Rafael gets me.

I start packing up my things and texting my driver to set the car in the back.

"See that girl over there?" I hear Natasha say in the earpiece. Now I'm gonna kill her! Rafael turns his head to face me and his eyes widen. I stand up from my chair and run to the back.

"Grab her!" I hear Rafael yell. Men started coming out of corners, pointing their guns at me. But I made it to the kitchen. I bumped into people, into counters, hot stuff, but I just had to get out of there before I get caught.

I open the back door and see my driver waiting for me. I hop in.

"Go! Go!" I exclaim. He steps on the gas and the car screeched as we left. Cars started coming up behind us and I pulled out the guns from under my seat and was about to open the window when I felt a hand grab my arm.

"Haizly, we have it. Just tell the driver where to go." Sean tells me and I nod.

"I thought you died?" He smiles.

"They got some beatings on me, but I've survived worse." I smile at him.

"I'm glad you're okay." Then I go to the front to the driver.

"Miss, we're headed to Brooklyn Bridge." The driver tells me. I look back to Sean who was firing the guns from the window.

If we go through there then we can get people hurt. But if we go to the busy street then we'll also put people in danger. I think the best option is to get off the car and run.

"Lose them and when we don't see them anymore, we get off and run. We'll find another way to get back to Canada." He nods. I look back and grab a gun. Sean can't be the only one shooting. I feel completely useless if I don't help out with something. This is my mess, I caused this.

But I got some things down. Now I just have to connect the dots.

I load the gun then open the window.

"Haizly what are you doing?" Sean hissed when he looked at me.

"I'm helping! I'm not going to just sit here and let you do it by yourself. And I am known for not following orders, so just let me help." He sighs in defeat. I climb to the window and point to the driver.

It takes me back to when I killed people to get to Caleb. I'm really surprised I didn't get shot or killed. Considering it was one against- I don't know how many.

I pulled the trigger and it went through the glass and to the person I was aiming at. The car came to a hault and the guy in the passenger seat fell out the window. The cars behind him didn't slow down though.

"Ms, we just entered Manhattan! There's a spot by the Empire building where we can leave the car."

"Then take us there, please." I say to him and he nods.

Caleb is probably freaking right now. But I had to do this in able to gey information about the stupid bitch. I grab the notebook and scanned through the notes.

He said he'll get revenge from Valentino and Caleb. But Caleb only went to war with Alessandro and won. All because of Valentino. He said his wife died by some gangster killing her unexpectedly. And that that's what mafia men do. Caleb wouldn't kill anyone's wives, would he? Valentino, maybe.

But this all started when Valentino came to us for this crap. When he needed protection.

What if Valentino killed his wife and that's why they're after him and he just so happens to be with us at the time. They're after all of us.

Because Valentino killed his wife.

"We're losing them!" Sean yelled. I raised my head up from the notebook. The driver turned into a street and we all got off before the engine was cut.

"There's a subway close by! We can catch it and head back to Canada." I tell them as we ran. People gave us weird looks. Yeah I'd stare too. We're holding a huge bag of guns and not just that but we each have one in our hands as we ran.

I lead the way to the subway and bump into people.

"How do we get in?" Sean asked as he looked around. I looked around as well and saw a lady leaning against the wall with a phone to her ear. She looks the kind who can get a card easily. So I run up to her and take her Metro Card.

"Hey!" She yells.

"Let's go!" I say to Sean and the driver. I really have to know his name. We scan the card one by one and we finally make it to the other side.

I find the subway we're supposed to take. People climb on and from the other end they get off.

"We have to lay low and act cool. Who knows who could be with Rafael." Sean tells us. We take a seat and I look at the people in here. No one knows us, that's a good thing. I've lived here my entire life and I don't know or recognize anyone. I was always the 'stay in a bubble with friends' type.

There's a woman carrying her sleeping child. Her head is resting on her chest as the woman pats her back gently.

My heart shatters when I think of Caleb and the image of having kids.

But I can't do that. I can't. It's like I just wasn't meant to have kids or even have a relationship with anyone but alcohol and drugs. It's still a crazy thought that I ended up with Caleb and am sober and am doing well.
---

Sorry for the late update! I've been busy all day.

Please vote and comment your thoughts! <3
-n