chapter 30

Haizly
ALL I WANTED

Caleb and I walk back to the house where the commotion was still held at. Dead bodies were on the ground and I gagged at how nasty the blood around them looked.

"Wait, Caleb." I say and we both stop in front of the back door. He looks down at me and waits for me to continue. "What about Matilde?" I ask.

"Valentino took care of her and Karen." The mention of Karen makes me think of Adrian. How my mom told me he had put them in his basement. Or was it Karen? Karen will do anything to get us under her nail with dirt, but we're not dumb.

"Caleb, did she go near my family? Was it her that kidnapped my family?" I ask as I stand in front of him. He doesn't look at me his eyes are behind me. His lips are pursed and his breathing is rough.

"Caleb." I call out to him.

"It wasn't her . . . it was your dad." I am both hurt and confused. Usually I would think Karen would do this and not my dad. I'm also hurt that my dad did this.

Caleb continued talking. "She was just there to make sure no one would come in to rescue them until you were dead." He finally spills. My chest hurt after that confession. I know my dad never liked me but does he hate me that bad to want to kill me? I didn't mean to kill his son. And I also haven't done anything to them.

Where are their kids anyway?

"Have you heard anything from my dad?" I ask.

"He is still in comma. The doctor isn't sure he will survive that long, though." I blow out a breath and run a hand through my hair. Would I feel bad if my dad died? This was self defense and he wouldn't care if I had died. He planned this all. Would he have killed everyone in my family after he had killed me? What was his plan? There was a point in my life when I wished he would be gone forever.

A part of me is telling me that I'll have a weight lifted off my chest if he dies, but the other part is telling me that I'd be sad that he wouldn't be around. He would be a good dad sometimes, I'll admit. But most of the time was crap. He would abuse us, starve us, and literally have sex with one of his whore's in front of us.

How come things just keep happening? They pop up and we have to deal with them. And the consequences. I wish I lived a normal boring life with Caleb. I wish I would want kids like him. I wish I could give him that. But why do I have to be so afraid?

But then I remembered. He cheated on me.

I look up at Caleb, who was already staring at me, and wiped at my eyes. "We should go inside and help." Before I could grab the handle I felt his hand on my arm and he spun me around. His lips crashed onto mine and my heart melted of the feeling. His lips molded perfectly into mine as they moved in sync. But as soon as I realized what was happening, I pushed him away. I can't do this to myself.

I push open the door and go in but then stop when I see all the dead bodies. This is some horrible scene. Caleb guides me to the door of the kitchen but there was no one fighting. Only the dead bodies.

I hear more guns though. Are they outside? Caleb and I make our way outside the front and yes indeed, they're all out there. I see Sean struggling with one guy so I run to him and smash my gun on the back of his head. He falls to the floor and Sean shoots him in the head.