chapter 73

Haizly
ALL I WANTED

I picked up the ice cream and wine. I couldn't decide on what wine so I just grabbed white wine. I also didn't get vanilla ice cream since Kayden is probably tired of eating vanilla ice cream all the time. Instead, I grabbed cookie dough.

"So what is wrong with it?" I ask Kayden when he makes me stand in front of the painting. I stare at it and all I see is perfection.

"Kayden, the piece looks just fine. I actually thought I'd be a help, but honestly and truthfully- and I mean that because I am a really honest person- there is nothing wrong with it. Maybe add more green to it but don't mess with it any further." He nods and grabs a brush along with some paint.

"The wine glasses are in the cabinet by the fridge. And the bowls are in the middle cabinet." He tells me. I nod and walk in his kitchen, grab the dishes then sent them on the island.

"What ever happened to that cat you thought was a ghost?" I asked.

"Do not remind me of that. The damn thing kept coming back to my window as if expecting me to open it for it." He scoffs which I just smile.

"Normally I wouldn't say this, but, you could've at least fed it. What if it was homeless and starving?" I ask. After I poured the wine in two glasses, j walked over to Kayden go give him his. He took it from me and held the brush and paint in one hand.

"I could've, but then it would've kept coming back more. I just wanted to get rid of it."

"Are you lonely here sometimes?" I ask.

"Yes. Sometimes."

"Well then maybe you-,"

"I am not getting a car or a dog." I scoff.

"Well then how about a fish? Or a turtle? Or maybe both?" I suggest, hoping he'd say yes so we can decorate a tank. Maybe I should consider having an aquarium. Who knows how Caleb might take that.

"That wouldn't be a bad idea. But wouldn't the turtle eat the fish?" He asks and I frown.

"Maybe, I didn't think of that. We should goggle it." He nods.

"Or we can just go to the pet store and ask. Maybe on the way I can get one." He says, his eyes wide like if he wasn't just agreeing with me.

"Okay, okay." I say in a sing song.

We went to the store after that. Kayden and I looked through all the fish in every tank. We even saw small snails which I found quite disturbing. We also saw really small turtles, and I actually think I might get one. But maybe I'll just bed Caleb for a dog instead.

"Okay, which fish do you like most?" I ask Kayden when we've already seen every fish in ever tank. He read what breeds the fish were and basically just shook his head.

"I think I'll get the Dwarf ones and maybe two turtles."

"But I thought I saw you shake your head to both those creatures." He shakes his head in confusion.

"That was me nodding."

"Did not look like nodding." I chuckle. He nods then shakes his head, I just swat his shoulder lightly and we walk over to a person that works at the store.
---