Chapter 50

Caleb
ALL I WANTED

"Sir, are you sure?" William asks with furrowed eyebrows and a worried look.

"Yes, Will. Don't do anything else until they really get on our asses." He nods with his eyebrows still furrowed. He walks away and out of my office, but just then Valentino comes in.

"Caleb, you have to stop what you're doing." He tells me but I just glare at him.

"I would if I could. How else would I get money?" I snarl at him. I run a hand through my hair, which is getting long honestly.

"Get a normal job. Let all of this go." He tells me as he waves a hand in the air to prove a point. "Your getting married to a great woman, who can sometimes get annoying-," I glare at him. "-and none of this will help out your family." He has a point.

I would like to leave all of this behind and get a normal job. Give Haizly a normal life because I know how stressed she gets with just thinking of it. I'm stressed too. Looking over my back and having to worry when the next mafia will strike.

"You know it isn't easy to just leave." I state. "They will kill me if I do. They'll go after Haizly and the family that we're going to build."

"What does the government know about you?" He suddenly asks. I raise my head to look at him.

I gave him questioning eyes. "Why?" I ask.

"Tell me and I'll handle it." I blow out a breath and run a hand through my face.

"They know I was apart of the shootout at the club. Sean went to take care of stuff and when he did, someone already snitched out everyone who was in there. It was so dumb because everyone who worked there knew who they were messing with."

"Do you know who this person is?" He asks. I look down at my desk and grab the paper that had all of her information on, thanks to William. I hand it to him and he scans it.

"That same night she ratted everyone out. And that is why the government knows about me." Valentino frowns and sets the paper down on the desk.

"Okay, I'll handle this." As he was about to walk to the door, I quickly grab his arm and pull him back.

"What are you going to do?" I ask him with a glare. He looks into my eyes and raises an eyebrow.

"What I should've done sooner." And with that he leaves. He leaves me dumbfounded just standing the middle of my office. What is going to do? He better not kill anyone. I get out of my office and walk towards Sean.

"Has Valentino left?" I ask him.

"No, but he grabbed two of our guys to go with him somewhere. He didn't say where but we didn't think much of it." I sigh.

"Do you still have the tracking devices on the cars?" I ask him to which he nods. "Great. Track him down." He nods and quickly goes to the computer. I walk to the big window and look outside. There are trees surrounding the whole building. The outside looks rusty and moldy, and the door in the front says "trespassing. Do not enter" so obviously no one would come in. If they do, it's a death wish.

"Sir, doesn't Natalie Carter live here?" Sean asks. I turn around and quickly walk over to him. The car stopped in front of a beautiful house. And that is where the snitch, known as Natalie Carter, lives.