chapter 24

Caleb
ALL I WANTED

"Your such a jerk." Hannah says when I enter the kitchen. She's leaning on the island and a mug is in her hand. She watches me as I walk to the kettle and pour some water in my own mug.

"Don't you think I know that?" I groan at her. She raises an eyebrow and stands straight.

"If you knew then why didn't you stop that from happening? What, were you drunk and decided to fuck the slut for fun? Were you that horny?" She rambles on about me and Matilde. I glare at my cup so that she wouldn't see how much I want to fucking kick her out of the kitchen and leave me the fuck alone.

I know that I was being harsh and that I shouldn't have done it. I will always, always fucking regret it. I lost Haizly, the only good thing in my life. One trip to Brazil and this is what happens, and I kept it for two years. Haizly doesn't deserve that kind of pain. I've already put her through enough pain myself from the mafia and just by me being a dick.

"So what now?" She asks and for a moment I forgot she was still here. I look at her through my lashes and back down at my cup.

"I don't know." I mutter under my breath. I really don't know. What will happen with Haizly and I? The wedding? We were supposed to get married after she graduated but now I just blew it.

"Did you like it?" Hannah asks. I frown and look at her.

"Like what?" I ask.

"The sex with . . . that bitch." She says the last part slowly like if I'd get mad at her for calling her that. I mean why would I get mad? Matilde is a fucking whore who likes the attention of men. Who would ever fucking care if someone called her a whore? She knows herself she's one, and I'm sure she's been called worse. Hannah is looking at me like she's waiting for me to reply to her. I let out a breath and stand straight.

"Let's just say I did it for a good cause." I turn around, taking my cup with me. I open the door and take a sip of my hot black coffee.

"Hey. What do you mean a good cause?" Hannah asks as she follows me to the living room and into my office.

"Hannah, I know that you're looking after Haizly and watching me that I don't commit another one of my fucked up shenanigans, but this is between Haizly and I. Not you, me and Haizly. So please if you could just drop it and leave it to us to figure out." Hannah crosses her arms over her chest and sighs.

"Look, I know you love her and you wouldn't do anything to hurt her. So why don't you just say the truth to stop her from this misery." I frown and watch as she leaves my office. What does she mean by that? Does she know the truth about what happened in Brazil? How could she? I've never spoken about it nor have I written on the journal shit Haizly makes me write on. It's good to write on a piece of paper so no one could actually see what you're thinking or feeling. Maybe that's why Haiz likes to write a lot on these shits.

"Caleb James- fucking- Scott!" I hear a very loud annoying Valentino shout from outside my office. Great, what does that piece of shit want? He walks in my office furiously and stands in front of my desk.

"Haizly!?" He exclaims. I roll my eyes and put my head down on the paper covered desk.

"Was that necessary?"I ask him in a grunt.

"Haizly is such a nice girl! How could you do this to her? She really loved you, you know? She even came to me and talked to me about having kids with you."

A pang of guilt hits me. Did she really talk to him about that? Why couldn't she talk to me? I was always there for her. She knew how bad I wanted kids with her but she kept telling she didn't want any. Why would she even talk to Valentino? Of all people. He's a fucking deadbeat shitbag who probably doesn't even know how to change diapers or how to handle a crying baby. I would know, he was never there for me when I was a baby. Never had one of those normal relationships with him because he was always drunk and high.

"You sick fuck!" Valentino yells at me. "You slept with Matilde? She has some type of infection down there, ya know? I made her deep clean that shit." I make a face in disgust. I didn't need to know that nor hear what the hell kind of shit Matilde has down there.

"I mean really, I never let Matilde ride my damn cock!" Okay this is getting weird. I don't want to listen to my dad talk about his sex life. Especially if we're not close. Which I'm glad when it comes to this.

"Valentino! Okay I fucking get it!" I yelled at him. I put my hands on my head and sighed.

I feel bad for doing this to Haizly. But why would she tell him and not me? Was that payback for what I did? I mean not-

"Caleb, snap the fuck out of it!" Valentino yelled at me. I looked up at him in annoyance. I will punch the fuck out of him.

"Valentino, what are you even doing here?" I ask.

"I am here because one; we have to take Rafael off our backs. Two; I am here because I want to beat the shit out of you for doing that to Haizly! She's a good girl." I know she's a good girl. I hate that I had to fucking do that. I had no choice but to send her away. She has to be protected all the time, and being with me will make her end up dead or hurt. And I don't want that for her.

As much as it fucking kills me to leave her, it's also the right thing to do.

Valentino takes a seat in front of my big oak desk and blows out a breath.

"Why would you just leave her like that?" Valentino asks as he looks at me with sadness.

"Don't act like you've never done that before, too." I spit back. He's annoying me so damn much. I can easily put him down in the basement with Matilde and Karen.

The thought of ever having sex with Matilde makes a shiver run down my spine in disgust.

"Son, I know and I'm sorry. But look, I am here now and am trying my fucking hardest to make you forgive me. I want to spend as much time with you." I sigh. I wish he hadn't even said anything about that. A dad who goes back to their child/children are pathetic. They can't make out the years they missed out.

"Just stop." I tell him. "Let's just get to work." He sighs but nods. We go over to the kitchen with our papers, pens, and push pins.