chapter 40

The picture above is how I imagine Caleb and Haizly's kitchen. Except the sink is on the island and the stove is where the sink is. There isn't too much design on the tiled floor and nothing is white. I explained their kitchen in the first book, it's a dark brown with light brown except for the floor. It's cement.
-------------------------------------

Haizly
ALL I WANTED

"Karmen has invited us to dinner." I tell Caleb as I sit next to him on the couch. He put a stack of papers down on the coffee table and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I leaned my head on his chest and looked at the bright screen of the TV.

"As always." He mumbles.

"We've never hosted a Christmas party here. It'd be nice." I tell him as I look around the apartment. The only people we would invite is Caleb's family and maybe Rosie and all them. It feels like forever since I last saw them. I only saw Maya a couple months ago before I decided to go to Brazil with Caleb.

"You want to host a Christmas party?" He asks and I nod. "I remember you once telling me throwing a party and you yelled at everyone for not getting anything right. You were the one who ended up doing everything while they cooked." I chuckled at the memory.

"Yeah, I was in a bad place then. I had so much anger. Actually, that's when all my anger happened. I blew up on my mom a lot too for having a guy over." Caleb looks at me with his brows furrowed.

"What do you mean?" He asks. I sigh and sit up, his arm goes back on his lap and I put my elbow on the couch.

"I don't know how to put this into words so I'm just gonna say this; my mom basically had a love triangle." Caleb's eyes went wide.

That era wasn't good for me. One; depression hit. 2; my mom and her love triangle. 3; my dad tried reaching out to me for three months.

He has always been on and off with me. I was the only one he bothered, and I seriously don't know why. He always thought I wasn't his, and yes, sometimes I do believe that I'm not his. But I don't want to say my mom is a hoe and sleeping around.

"So she picked Raul?" He asks and I nod. I loom up at him and smile, while he does the same to me. He leans in and gives me a kiss. Not a long one but a passionate one that still sends butterflies to fly around. When he pulls away I grab his shirt by the collar and I sit myself on his lap. I kiss his neck where the rose tattoo is and hear him moan. I smile and keep doing the same thing around his neck.

"You better take off your clothes or I'll rip them." Caleb says in my ear and I let out a small gasp without thinking.

I get off of him and start taking off my shirt and so did Caleb. I reached behind me to unbuckle my bra and he watched as it fell down my arms. I took off my jeans and sat back down on him.

"I'm gonna fuck you so hard." He groans.

"Do it." I dare him. He turns us around so my back is on the couch and he's on top of me. He puts his hand on my private and rubs ever so gently, making me moan and rock my hips on his hand.

"Caleb," I moaned but he just stared and rubbed slower and slower. I groaned and tried getting up but he pushed me back down on the couch, leaning down to whisper in my ear.

"You're mine. All mine, and if someone tries touching you I'll kill them in that moment." He groans in my ear. My body went rigid, wondering why he was telling me this. Did something happen? Did he suddenly come across one of the guys or girls I fucked before Caleb? Because if he did then he shouldn't pay attention to them. He's all mine, even if he acts like a full on psycho sometimes.

His hand worked on my spot while his lips went to my neck, my hands go to his hair and play with it.

The door opens and I rise up, shoving Caleb away but was no use. We looked at the door and see Karmen with bags and Michelle following close behind with her kids. Caleb got up from the couch as did I, and Karmen had a blush on her cheeks. This is embarrassing.

"Mom, hey. I didn't know you guys were coming over." Caleb says as he scratches the back of his neck nervously. Karmen looks at him in a "are you serious"? look.

"I texted you." She says to him.

"I haven't checked my phone." Karmen then looks at me then at Caleb and nods.

"It's good seeing you, mija." Karmen says as she hugs me. I hug her back, feeling even more embarrassed that she just called us out on what we were doing without even saying anything. She walks away after the hug and into the kitchen where Michelle is.

"Next time we should lock the door." Caleb says to me and I nod. We split, I go to the kitchen while he goes to our bedroom. The kids stayed in the living room playing with toys on the coffee table. Karmen is getting out some steamy tamales, each different colors.

"Ustedes necesitan ayuda?" I ask them as I see Michelle grabbing some tomatoes, and I furrow my brows and wonder why and for what they're using those.
("Do you guys need help?")

"Si, ven acá y corta los tomates." I purse my lip and and lean myself on the counter.
("Yes, come over here and help")

"See, I was only being nice." Karmen and Michelle stop what they're doing and give me a serious look. Karmen has this look that I know all too well. It's a serious one but I know there is sarcasm behind it. But when she slapped Caleb, that's a whole different face.

"No ayudas, no comes." Karmen says and I smile. "Now get your ass over here." ("You don't help, you don't eat")
I start cutting tomatoes, Michelle and Karmen talking about Fabian and his new girlfriend, but all I can hear is Caleb talking.

He's talking in a baby voice, one I don't hear often so it's confusing and strange. I stop cutting the tomatoes and walk over to the living room, and I see Caleb talking with the smallest kid of Michelle's. Caleb is showing the kid something on a book the kid brought with him.

I don't remember his name, but I know it starts with a V. I hadn't realized I was staring too long since Caleb looked up at me with a small smile. It warms my heart that he's playing and talking to them, and that the little kid always asks him questions.

Right now he's asking him where we got all the books from.

"Where'd you get your books." The kid asks, looking at the bookcase full of books that is attached to the wall.

Caleb looks at the shelf then at the kid. "I don't know. I only have a little but Haizly collects them all from different places." Caleb says and the kid nods.

"Can I read them?" He asks and Caleb chuckles.

"When you're older. You won't understand what they're saying, they use grown up people words." The kid furrows his eyebrows.

"Like Admiring, aggressive, aggrieved?" The kid asks, seeming proud of his use of words. Caleb seems shocked, he looks at me then back at the kid.

"Yeah, I guess. Like those words." Caleb says slowly.

"Haizly, what are you doing? Come help!" Karmen yells at me and I glance at Caleb and the kid again then go back to the kitchen.
---

Also, I made an Instagram account for Haizly. I keep forgetting to say this, but if you guys want to follow- you don't have too ;)- it's haizlyvasquez.