chapter 44

Caleb
ALL I WANTED

I took the elevator up to the building, the newspaper in my hand. When I got to the floor of my office, I went in to see Eric and Valentino standing there. They watched as I go to my desk and sit down.

"How did they find out?" Eric asks looking straight at me. I keep my gaze down on the desk.

"I don't know."

"Are we going to do something about it?" Valentino asks.

"What are we going to do? Find the reporter and tell them to write another paper and say they were mistaken?" I ask. Well actually that sounded better saying it aloud. Valentino and Eric look at each other.

Valentino grabbed the paper from the desk and read it out loud.

"There was a shootout last week at the local club in down town New York where mobsters usually hang out at. The bullets are still left in the scene where thirty people died.

People have seen many people run out of the club with guns and blood over their clothes and faces.

People have also discovered who they were and where they've seen them.

No one knows their names but they go by the names of "Tick-Tock" which is the leader of the mafia. "Fat Man", and "Batters". There are many more men who have yet to be named. But not all have been discovered.

Cops seem to be doing anything they can to put these murderers behind bars."

My blood boils as he reads it again, and again. I made sure everyone in that club stayed silent. Either I bribed them with money or I did it the hard way.

I didn't care if I was being cruel. Or what I told them. They had to stay silent in able for me to be a fucking secret. For years no one knew it was me, Caleb James Michael Scott!

But I will find out who the fuck did this. And they're going to pay.

"Let's get the guys. Eric, you go back to the club and see around if people from that week are still there. Make sure you tell them not to tell the damn cops anything!" He nods and stands up from the chair.

"Valentino, you're coming with me." He nods and we all got in our cars and drove off.

I walked in the building, Valentino, William, and George behind me. We walked further into the building, finding the receptionist. She gave me a small smile, her eyes looking at the guys behind me but no fear in her eyes.

"May I help you?" She asks. This is what I fucking want. I don't want people to know who I am because of what I do. I've layed low for years and no one has been able to find out about my murders, the shootouts, the gambling. Nothing!

Why the fuck now?

"Yes, I am looking for Anthony Graham?" I try my best not to look at all mean or evil. It's working if she's still holding that smile.

"Anthony Graham is in class right now. Would you like to wait or let me leave a message for him?" Her voice is so neat and squeaky.

"No. I would like to see him myself. Either get him out of class or I'll find him myself." I said sternly. She furrows her eyebrows.