chapter 49

Haizly
ALL I WANTED

"We graduated!" Kayden yells and skips and hops towards me. His arms wrap around my neck and pulls me in for a hug.

"We did!" I shriek along with him. We pull away from each other to look at each other. "To be honest, I'll miss this place and the endless nights of staying up to do homework."  I say with a small sigh, and I watch as other people are getting into their cars and leaving and I see some already undressing from their gowns and leaving to their car.

"I will miss the school part, just not the staying up late and doing homework. Teacher's can kiss my ass." I look up at him in shock, and he laughs at my face expression. It's weird hearing Kayden talk like this. And it's even weirder that he has some kinky side of him that I've only experienced once and only once, but the thought still feels weird.

"Yeah, actually. But I will also miss the times when you came over to the apartment to study but we'd just end up messing around with Caleb to get on his nerves." Kayden laughs at a memory which makes me laugh. I felt a hand on my shoulder so I stop to look and just realize that it's Caleb.

"Why are you two laughing?" He asks.

"We just remembered the times we annoyed you when I went over to the apartment." Caleb rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

"You guys were seriously annoying, if I could, I'd just push the both of you off the balcony." Kayden and I stared at each other which only made us laugh even more. Caleb took his hand off my shoulder to nudge me and that's when Karmen and Michelle came over.

"What are you kids on about?" Michelle asks with a smile on her face.

"Nothing, mom." Kayden says then puts his arm around her shoulders for a side hug.

"Anyways, we should go to Kayden's for the party." Karmen says before giving me a hug. "I feel like a proud mother." She whispers to me. My heart sank to my stomach and I felt hot all over, hugging her even tighter. At this moment I felt like crying because my mom has never said that to me, but hearing it from my mother-in-law feels absolutely great. 

When we parted Caleb grabbed me and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Let's go." He whispers to me.

"Actually, Kayden and I wanted to drive together to his place. We have presents for each other." Caleb looked a little off by what I said, but he said yes either way. We walked to the car so that I could grab the present, gave Caleb a kiss and walked over to Kayden's car.

"You open yours first." I tell him when I hand him the bag. He looks at me in a "why me"? look which just makes me shrug. He sets the bag on his legs and takes out the tissue paper before sticking his hand in and taking out a twenty pack paintbrushes. His eyes immediately widened.

"There's more in there." I say. He furrows his eyebrows and sticks his hand back in to reach out the paint that came with the brushes.

"Haizly- I- this is amazing." He says then gives me a hug.

"I know, I picked well." I confidently say and giggle. He puts the stuff back in the bag and pulls out a small bag from the backseat. He hands it to me and I open it slowly, nervous actually. I reach my hand in to get it out and when I do I see an IPhone. My eyes widen and I look at Kayden in shock.

"You needed an upgrade." He says with a smile.

"But I-,"

"You might have a phone but you've had it since you were like fourteen. And plus, the screen is cracked and your microphone hardly works." I roll my eyes but with a smile. "Oh and it came with headphones." I look in the bag and see them.

"Kayden, thank you." I reached over to hug him. When we parted, he finally turned on the car and we left.
---

"First of all, who was in charge of the cake?" Caleb asks out loud for everyone to hear. Everyone stays silent, not wanting to say it was them and for Caleb to do something to them. "They spelt both their names wrong." Caleb starts laughing which makes everyone else in the room laugh along with him. I just frown and look at the cake and, yes indeed, our names are wrong. Kayden's is spelt like "Kaidan" while mine is "Hailey". Really? I like that my name is very uncommon but sometimes it's really rude when they mispronounce my name and spell it weirdly.

"Well, let's just hope the cake tastes good." I say, keeping my eyes on the cake with heated cheeks. I hear giggles but I don't care to see who's it was from. I turn to Caleb because I feel his eyes on me, he has a small smile on his lips, one that could melt eery cell in me.

"What?" I ask, a small chuckle escaping me.

"I am so proud of you, babe." Butterflies erupted in me and I feel like I could squeal. I just love how he calls me "babe". Gets me all the time.

"Thank you. If you hadn't pushed me to do my work I wouldn't have done it." I chuckled.

"I wasn't always telling you to do your work, was I?" He asked so I nodded. "I couldn't even tell myself to do my work. But at least I graduated." He chuckled. 

"Thanks to me," I say but he gives me a confused look.

"First of all, the first time I asked for your help your punched my arm and said "your smart figure it out" and never helped." I bite my lip and my eyes widen at the memory. I knew I never helped him I was just teasing him, but he unlocked s memory which is funny but cringey. I should've helped him.

"Well I am sorry." I say.

"Nah, I don't think an apology I'd enough." I roll my eyes and grab his shirt and pulled him towards me. I kissed his lips roughly then pecked them.

"You're such a baby." I roll my eyes and pull away.

"Seriously?" He asked and I nod.

After that we cut the cake and everyone had a piece with ice cream. Of course my ice cream is vanilla. Kayden got strawberry, that will be an easy mix. 

We also got gifts. It wasn't much but I'm still grateful. After that, everyone went home and Caleb and I stayed back to help. Kayden grabbed my new phone and downloaded music on it. He saw my favorites on my Spotify and downloaded them.

"Listen." I tell Caleb when I shove the earbud in his ear. Hes caught by surprise and fixed the earbud to how he wants it. "For You" by Coldplay is playing and he furrows his brows.

"Since when do you listen to this?" He asks.

"I don't. Kayden has a playlist with all our songs for when we go on a road trip." He bites his lips.

"So he can get you a phone but not me? I've been begging for almost three years." He whined. I roll my eyes.

"Caleb this was a gift. If you would have bought me a phone I would've taken it, I just wouldn't have said yes to you buying me a phone because I knew I would say no." He scoffs.

"Fine, whatever. But at least let me make a playlist with our songs." I smile and handed him my new phone. He takes his time downloading music that we like and they reminds us of us. While he's doing that I help Kayden clean up, even though he insisted that he could do it himself, but I continued helping.
---

So uh, I took a while to upload and I'm sorry -_- but here's a new chapter. Took me a while but it's finally done. It's also long :) anyways, sorry I've been on writer's block.

Should I make a playlist for Haizly and Caleb? Lemme know cause I'm kinda digging it.

(Sorry for any errors)