chapter 4

ALL I WANTED
Haizly

He stood there watching me with a baseball bat. I studied him and wondered who he was. I've never seen him, and he does not look familiar. He raised the bat and that's when I realized that he was going to try and do something.

I look around but everything turned black.

Where am I? Who is this person in front of me and what does he want?

"Haizly?" He said my name, his voice sounding like he smoked too much cigarettes. A shiver ran up my spine, but not the good one.

"Haizly!"

My eyes snap open and I see Caleb looking at me with worry in his features. I look around the room and realize that I was still in our bedroom. The early light making me squint my eyes lightly.

"Caleb?" My voice came out croaky. I leaned on my elbow and felt something wet run down my neck. I can already tell it's sweat. I hate that when I have nightmares I sweat. What am I even doing while dreaming? Running a marathon?

"You were having a bad dream." I frown. It felt like a bad dream, but only it wasn't. Who was the person standing in front of me? He looked the same as the first time I saw him. In my mom's house, and I thought it was Tristan. But it couldn't have been him. I ran to his house so fast, there was no way he could've gone faster than me then change. I can't believe I was quick to blame Tristan for this.

"Caleb, the man who was in my mom's house, holding a bat . . . it wasn't Tristan." He frowned and sat down by my legs.

"What do you mean?" He asks. I run a hand through my sweaty hair and sigh. I know I won't rest until I know who it is.

It doesn't make sense. I ran to Tristan's house and there was no way he could've gone there faster than me. They might have the same jacket and shoes, but I have a nagging feeling that it wasn't him. It wouldn't have given him time to run to his house by the time I got there. And I would've heard a car if he took it. This thinking just makes me have a headache.

"Um, I'm gonna take a shower." I mumble to Caleb and he nods. I stare at him for a few seconds and lean my hand on his. "Caleb, we'll figure something out. We'll figure how to get this person who is doing this to us." He nods.

"I know, baby. I know." He whispers and I smile. He leans in and kisses me, my hand going to the back of his neck and to his hair. I pull him closer to me and moan at the heated kiss. I do hope we get to get out of this soon. This just isn't for us. I never imagined my life to he like this. But I'm so in love with Caleb that I feel like I can handle this.

"Caleb." I whisper as we pull away. I run my hands through his hair still, then look into his hazel brown eyes. "I need to brush my teeth." I continue with a small grin. He rolls his eyes and pecks my lips once more before getting off the bed. I sigh and lean back on the pillow. I can fall asleep right now if I could.

After the shower I quickly changed in some black jeans and a white t-shirt before rushing in the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. I forgot I had class today. This whole thing has got me messed up and I need to focus on my studies.

"Haizly, are you sure you want to go to school today? You can stay in and work on it some other time." Caleb says from the living room. I bite into the bagel and walk in the living room to see Caleb sitting down with the computer on his lap and some papers next to him.

"No, I have to go. I've missed some days and I miss Kayden." He stiffens and I control myself to not roll my eyes at his jealousy. "I'll be back right after school. Promise." I stand in front of him and he sighs.

"Fine. But call me if you need anything, or if you're in trouble." I nod. I lean down to kiss him and his hands go to my hips. I know what he's doing so I push his hand away and stand up straight.

"Gotta go, bye." I say then walk to the door. "And by the way, if you're not watching the TV turn it off, it's wasting the electricity." I say before closing the door and walking to the elevator.

After my second period I met up with Kayden outside by the tall tree.

"How was Brazil?" Kayden asks with a smile as we walk to no specific place. I've decided to keep this trip a secret so I won't worry Kayden. I don't want him in this and I also don't want to lose our friendship.

"It was great." I put on a smile. God, I hate lying to him.

"What did you do?" I did expect him to ask this, so I made up things to say to him. Here goes nothing.

"Caleb and I stayed at a hotel and while we were there we took some walks and bought some things. It was a great time." I say. "What about you? What did you do while I was gone?" He shrugs and slings his bag back on his shoulder since it was slipping off.

"I went to class, ate, studied, ate, went to sleep and repeat the same thing again the next day." I frown. I did not expect him to be that boring.

"Aw, was someone miserable without me?" I tease but he just shrugs.

"I was doing fine. I actually payed attention in class. First time." I laugh and smack his arm lightly. Since the beginning of the year Kayden and I have been fooling around in class and talking, but we somehow got things done.

"That must've been miserable then." I tell him but he shrugs again.

"Coffee?" He asks and I nod.
---

Sorry for the late update! But hope you guys enjoy this chapter.