chapter 78

Caleb
ALL I WANTED

"Caleb, not gonna lie, you did good." Brianna tells me, her mouth stuffed with a burger and fries, making me cringe.

"Yeah, I know." Valentino chuckles.

"Geez, I was good, too, why thank you Val." I chuckle and roll my eyes.

"Jealous?" He shakes his head.

"Nah, I don't like being congratulated on my business." I don't say anything, I just eat the burger. We had to track down a place that sells burgers. It's really hard trying to figure your way out here. Would I ever come back? Hell no. But is this burger good? Hell yes.

"We should finish up soon. We leave today." I say as I wipe my mouth.

"Yeah, I have a meeting tomorrow with Cornell, but I just like to mess with him."

"Have you spoke to Haizly?" Valentino asks. I shake my head. "Why haven't you?" I glare at him, annoyed that he keeps getting in my business.

"What's it to ya? Stay out of it?" Valentino sighs and leans back on the booth.

"Are you guys fighting?" He asks.

"No, we're not. I'm just busy." He looks at the burger then at me.

"Don't look like it."

"God, just stay out of my fucking business, Valentino!" I yell, causing people to stare at us. I sighed and went back to eating my burger. Valentino grabbed his phone from his pocket and went through it.

"I'll have to go to the ATM to get money. I don't think they'll allow American money, would they?" Valentino asks.

"I don't know." I reply.

"They can, only some specific places. I don't know about this one, though." Brianna says.
---

Haizly

"If you're going to look for a job, at least make sure to check what the heck they do." Hannah tells me. I'm looking for a job like MECS, but Hannah thinks I should do sething else other than be an assistant. I had no problem being an assistant at that place, it was okay.

"And I do. I don't care what I have to do, just as long as I don't have to cook burgers. I don't want the smell to linger on." I chuckle.

"So then, how about Forever 21?" Hannah suggests as she stares at her phone.  I could try that.

"How much do they pay?" I ask.

"Fifteen an hour." Pretty. Good deal.

"I've heard the girls who work there are bitches." I chuckle.

"Well they wouldn't stand a chance with me. I've fought many girls in my lifetime that both my middle knuckles are broken. I still haven't gone to check on them, bit sometimes they hurt.

Hannah chuckles in disbelief. "You should go get them checked. What if it's a real damage to your hands?" She asks.

"Nah, I don't think so. My hands would probably be swollen because of them. It doesn't bug me much, only when I punch something or someone. Who knows, maybe when they hurt I'll get them checked." Hannah shakes her head as I shrug. We continue looking through the job offers but none of them fascinated me. I think I'll just stick to Forever 21.

"Did you tell Caleb you were looking for a job?" Hannah asks.

"No, but I'll just tell him when he gets back. He hasn't really spoken to me since he left yesterday. I wait for a call or a message, and I've tried sending him messages but they say they can't deliver." Hannah frowns.

"I wonder what is up with that. Let me message him and ask him if he's okay. It's kind of weird, don't you think?"

The worst went through my mind. What if Caleb got killed? What if they held him hostage? Or what if they have left him stranded somewhere so that he wouldn't have anyone to call or anyone near by to help him?

"Hannah what is something bad happened to him?" I ask.

"I don't think so. I mean, I overheard Sean talking to him when I arrived." A part of me was relaxed but the other half was still a little nervous.

"What were they talking about? Is he alright?" I ask in a fast pace.

"He's alright. He was just asking about you." My heart fluttered. Well then maybe I can't get his phone calls or messages. Maybe he's also tried contacting me but the messages won't go through. Yeah, maybe that's it.

"Can I borrow your phone?" I ask her.

"Where's yours?"

"I have no clue." She rolls her eyes.

"The reason why you have a phone is to keep it with you at all times. What if there was an emergency and you couldn't call anyone?" I scoff.

"Chill, I'll look for it later. Can I just borrow your phone?" She hands me the cell and I smile. I go on google to look for an application for the store. Everything is online now so I would be surprised if they didn't have an application on their website and I'd have to go to the store.

I am glad when I find the application on the website, then look through the things I have to fill in. Very simple actually.

Name:                      Last Name:
Birth Date:
Sex:

So on, so on. I actually like filling these in, their questions are interesting- some. Se can be a little too nosy, as if I'd actually remember the last time I Fucking had a check up at the doctor's.

After filling it in, I log out out and when I go back to the Google page, I see something very shocking that makes my heart drop and break into pieces.

"What? What is it?" Hannah must've heard me gasp or something- I don't quite remember what I did for her to know I was shocked at what the News are saying. She grabs the phone from my grasp and checks it out for herself.

"Oh God." She whispers as she puts a hand over her lips. "Haizly?" She says, but I could barely hear her. My ears are giving out on me as is my breathing. But I don't really care, I'm in shock at what I just found.