chapter 80

Haizly
ALL I WANTED

"So how did the meeting go?" I ask Caleb when I see him in the kitchen.

"Very well. Valentino and I have a way with words." I chuckled.

"Of course you do."

"Yeah, he was really easy to fool. We asked for sixty percent of the business and he gave it to us. What a dump." He says with a shake of his head.

"Well, what if he tries to back down?"

"He won't. He's new to this so it will take a while for him to realize what we did. Plus, we made a deal. The only way to break it is if he does or if he lets us have everything he owns."

"Why would you guys take everything?" I ask.

"Because he'd be the one backing down." I nod in understanding. Even though Caleb is a boss, we've never really spoken about how the mafia works. Maybe we have like twice or three times, but it was mostly just stuff anyone would already know.

"I have something to do tonight, are you okay staying here?" He asks. I look up at him to see him already staring down at me. I sighed and nodded.

"That's fine. I have to go to the hospital anyway to check up on Anna."

"Will she be alright?" He asks.

"I heard she wasn't getting any better. It's just sad to know that she will not be here any longer. I mean, what about her dogs? She loves them to death. What will they do with them?" I ask.

"We can ask to keep an eye on them." Caleb suggests which makes me furrow my eyebrows.

"You're not joking?" I ask.

"No. We need some little paw prints in the house, it's really quiet sometimes." He has a point. I stood up and sat on the bed then turned to look at him.

"I'll ask when I go again." I say with a small smile. He nods.

"You do that, love. I have some business to do, don't wait up." He gets up off the bed and goes around it to give me a kiss.

"Be careful." I say to him before he leaves the room.

Always, my love!" He yells back which makes me smile. I sighed and stand up to change so I can give Anna another visit. I visited her this morning, but she was asleep half the hours I was there. My phone buzzed on the nightstand but I changed before I even grabbed it.

It was Kayden, he wanted to hang out today. Before I could reply his name pops up on the screen.

"Hello." I say.

"Do you have plans today?" He asks.

"I am going to the hospital to visit my aunt, why? Do you want to do something?" I ask.

"I do. Do you mind if I come with you to the hospital?"

"I don't mind. Meet you there, yeah?"

"Yeah." I hang up then put my phone in my back pocket. I went out of the room and downstairs. I picked up the keys on the stand that was beside the stairs, then went outside. I got in my car and started it, but then I saw Sean and George coming out of the house. Sean goes to my window so I roll it down.