chapter 3

Julie's Pov (two hours before chapter 2)

After the embarrassment of puking in front of Luke, he takes my hand and we walk along the water. We talk about some of the dumbest stuff for an hour or so, just conversation to better know each other. 

"So how does the wonderful Julie Molina feel today?" Luke asks me. I tilt my head in confusion. "Sorry I meant how do you feel now that you are probably the youngest person to ever perform at the Orpheum?" He clarifies. 

"Oh it uh- it feels pretty good" I smile. We stop to sit down on a bench. "I mean how do you feel? It's been your dream since before you... you know" I say, bobbing my head hoping he will assume what I mean. 

He stops to think but catches on "I mean I don't know it just seems like a dream, I mean I literally died before I got to perform there" He laughs. 

I only get out a half chuckle "Oh yeah" I mutter, I was starting to forget that he was a ghost. 

"Oh aren't you the cutest couple" We hear a voice say. Both me and Luke look up and it's some older woman, around 70 or 80 years old.

"Wait you ca-" Luke starts to say before I cut him off "Oh he's not my-, we aren't actually together," I stutter. "OH forgive me, have a nice day," the woman says as she walks away.

I look over at Luke with wide eyes. He almost looks hurt. "That was really weird" I whisper just in case the woman is in earshot. "Uh yeah it was weird," Luke says, he seems distracted, he's looking at the ground and avoiding eye contact.

"Hey you good," I ask, I pull my hands away from his and cup his cheeks, guiding his face to look at me. "What's wrong," I ask in a soft voice. "Oh it's uh just really weird that she could see me I guess, I don't know" He is obviously lying but I don't push to get answers. 

"You know I'm always here for you," I say leaning my forehead against his like we do when sharing a mic in performances. He bites his lip and starts to somewhat lean in. He stops himself inches from my lips and opens his mouth to talk. 

But before he can start talking I feel something buzzing in my pocket. Probably my phone. I realize I didn't tell my dad I was leaving, expecting it to be him but no, it's Reggie. 

"It's Reggie one second," I say as I answer the phone "Hey Reg, everything ok?" He asks if Luke is with me "Yeah, he is, why?" He doesn't say why and just hangs up on me

 "That was weird, he was asking about you" Luke shrugs "I think we should head back then right?" Luke suggests. I nod in agreement

Luke's Pov

It kinda hurt to hear Julie say she isn't my girlfriend. I don't know why. She isn't my girlfriend. I want her to be though, whatever, it will never happen. I'm a ghost and she is a lifer, things like that don't work out.

That's when I suggest we head back and par Julies earlier request we walk.

 I hold her hand because it makes me feel better. She has a tighter grasp on my hand than she did earlier. The way her hand falls in mine just feels right.

I walk in silence, she's talking about something she enjoys. It's cute seeing her so passionate about something. The way her nose scrunches when she gets excited and giddy. 

I look down at her outfit, Wait am I checking her out? No, I'm just looking at her clothes, right?

My first thought was going to be to say she looks really nice today but really she looks amazing in anything every day. "I never said anything about your outfit by the way," I say interrupting her "You're looking really beautiful," I say smiling. 

Julie starts blushing and she turns her head away, I'm assuming she didn't think I already saw her getting red. "Oh uh thanks I guess, this is nothing though. I didn't think I was leaving the house today" I chuckle "Ok then, but take the compliment,"

"Ok then thank you," She says looking up at me, I'm a solid few inches taller than her. I lean down and plant a kiss on her forehead. I kinda just wanted to see her reaction. Julie starts blushing like crazy, more than before.

 "Um uh let's just poof over, maybe this teleportation sickness goes away with experience," She asks, I feel like she just wanted to avoid me from noticing her blushing "Ok then princess,"

WHAT THE HELL LUKE.  I yell at myself internally. Why did I call her princess! Shit um ok, maybe she didn't notice or something. Or maybe she just doesn't think anything of it. Oh gosh, I ruined this, didn't I. 

I hear Julie clear her throat to get my attention, I must have gotten too much into my thoughts. "Oh um right yeah" This time it's me who was blushing. Why can't I do anything right when I'm with her? 

I grab her hands and poof us into the bathroom next to Julies room just in case but she didn't seem nauseous this time. 

"Uh Ima go see the guys," I say quickly poofing into the studio, hoping she won't follow me. 

Reggie's POV

It's been about an hour since we called Julie. Alex and I have just been trying to write music, clearly, Alex and I aren't the writers for the Phantoms because we have gotten nowhere.

"Hey, guys" We hear a voice behind us "Luke thank god," Alex says jumping out of his spot, he hasn't fully calmed down since this morning. "Were you worried? Why were you worried" Luke half laughs. Alex goes and hugs him 

"Just with what happened with Caleb I was worried that he might have taken you, like in spite of escaping him or something" Alex seems like he's gonna cry with his voice breaking.

"Hey I wanna get in on the group hug," I say heading over to them, joining the embrace. "You know I love you guys" I hear Luke say "Not as much as you love Julie," I say in a sing-song manner. 

"What? No, I don't love Julie" Luke lies, "Yeah right, we saw the little stunt you pulled at the end of Edge of Great last week" Alex chimes in as we all pull away from the hug.

Luke gives us his little pouty face "Well she was ignoring me the entire performance. I needed to do something. The fans love our on-stage sparks" Luke clearly lies. "Yeah right, just admit it" Alex laughs

He groans "Ok maybe I like her... no I really really like her guys" He admits "HA KNEW IT," I say jumping up and down on the couch Luke sleeps on. It's obvious.  

"Guys I also have something to admit" Luke goes on 

"I almost kissed her today"

I stop jumping. Both Alex and I's jaws hit the floor. 

He almost kissed her?

~~~~

 HEY GUYS! Trust me this isn't gonna be a cliffhanger I'm gonna keep writing, but this is almost double the length of the previous chapters so good for me ahaha. Like I keep saying, comment ideas because they would be greatly appreciated. Also, trust me on the part where Luke is visible I once again have a storyline in mind, it will result in some drama (Oooooo) Ok Ima start writing chapter 4, Im really enjoying writing this and I hope you're enjoying the series!!!!