chapter 42

Julie's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since I could start seeing the guys and it's going pretty well, except for one part. 

"Your thinking of doing what?" Flynn whisper yells at me at my locker. I sigh "I feel like I should break up with Luke," I say with a small frown on my face. 

"Why! You guys are perfect together" Flynn says as we grab our stuff to head home. "I just feel like you were right. This isn't really going anywhere" I hold back tears "Ok just look at me" Flynn says stopping us.

"Are you doing this because you are scared?" She asks me looking into my eyes. "No, it's not like that. It's just commitment is a lot" Flynn chuckles at that. "That's bullshit," She says seriously, this takes me back. 

"Flynn what the hell," I say widening my eyes. "Julie, You have been through hell and back. You lost your mom sooner than you thought you would. Then these guys came into your life and screwed you over a few times. You cried over them because you thought they were gone. Then you started dating one. Then he was kidnapped for a week. Let's not mention you were kidnapped to. The final cherry is that for over two weeks you couldn't see or talk to them" She monologues. 

"What are you saying," I say holding back tears. "You're scared to lose Luke so you think that you should do it on your terms instead of someone else's," She says looking into my eyes. 

She has a point. My mom was sick. She was supposed to have a year left but she just got sicker and died six months earlier. I didn't get to prepare in time to lose her. 

I start running. Where? No idea. I just start sprinting down the sidewalk. After running for probably twenty minutes I collapse onto my knees. When I look around I realize where I took myself. 

"Mom I'm sorry," I say looking at her grave. "You brought them to me and now I'm trying to push them away. I seriously love Luke. I can't do this" I cry. "I lost you and I can't lose them to," I say wishing I could get a hug from her. 

"Julie right?" I hear an older female voice behind me. I wipe my tears and look behind me.

Emily

"Oh Ms. Patterson," I say standing up. She opens her arms to give me a hug. I've never jumped into a stranger's arms quicker. "I needed this," I say. 

After a minute I let go. "Um, what are you doing here?" I ask smiling at her. "Visiting Luke, I come here often to see him" She smiles "When Luke died we weren't on good terms, I didn't support him" She seems to push through the pain. 

"I'm sure he loves you," I say trying not to cry. "Im sure he did" I shake my head. "He loves you still, wherever he is," I say looking behind her to see Luke. He smiles at me. 

He taps his wrist to tell me to check the time. I check my phone and realize it's a lot later than I thought. "I should go but you take care Ms. Patterson," I say smiling at her. "It's Emily dear" I nod as I walk away.