chapter 74

Ok, so a bunch of you are being so sweet. Thank you for liking my writing. Trying to not get deep rn, I have GAD and it makes me insecure about every little thing I do. So just thank you guys for motivating me to keep going! Writing this fanfic has seriously saved me more than you guys will ever know! 

LUKE'S POV

After Cassandra explained the plan to us we go to sleep. As much as I want to do this right now I know I need to have patience and rest. Why is it when me and Julie are finally happy we get ripped apart again?  

"Goodnight baby girl" I hear a female voice say as I put a small child to sleep. It sounds like a mature version of Julie's voice. Who is this kid anyway?. 

Then two things hit me, that voice came out of my mouth and that kid looks like Julie.

"Goodnight Rosie" I hear a man's voice, he sounds a lot like me. I turn my head and there I am, leaning against a doorframe. I have no control over what I do or say. It's like I'm seeing inside someone else's view.

I am living a life in this woman's body, we are doing normal things. Watching some show on TV. The version of Luke that I'm seeing out of her eyes looks the same, sounds the same. But he never says the woman's name

After a while, she finally talks"I'm headed to bed Luke," The woman says kissing me. Ugh this is weird. "Goodnight love" I hear myself say as the body I'm in walks upstairs. 

Then when she walks into her bedroom she looks into a mirror. 

JULIE. 

"Another day in this dumb reality" She sighs "Luke, my Luke If you can hear me somehow. I miss you. I love you" Julie says looking into the mirror. She looks older, is this what our future will look like? 

Julie knows what is going on though. I wish I could reach out to her, I miss everything about her. Julie goes to lay down and when she closes her eyes and falls asleep...

I shoot up on the couch. Did that really just happen? Was I seeing what Julie was seeing? What if she is happier there? Clearly, we have kids, seemed like there were two. I put a hand to my forehead as I feel dizzy. "Luke is everything ok?" I hear Alex mutter, I must have woken him up.

"No actually. Wake Reg and Willie up. We need to talk" I say getting off the couch. Reggie is always sleeping somewhere different every night. 

"Where is Reg tonight anyways?" I ask looking around the studio as we wake up. "Bathtub, his new favourite spot to sleep" Willie mutters as Alex wakes him up. 

"Why did you have to wake me up for this anyways?" Reggie says as we gather around the coffee table. "I saw Julie. I was Julie. It was a weird experience" I chuckle. They all widen their eyes and drop their jaws. 

"What do you mean you were Julie?" Alex asks as he leans his head against Willies shoulder. I explain what happened in my dream, About the kid and how Julie talked to me, everything. 

"And you couldn't tell us this in the morning because?" Reggie says laying down on the floor. "Ok not exactly sure. She is safe though, and happy" I say wishing I had gone back to sleep to see her again. 

"Whatever. Just let's get at least four more hours. It's too early or late, I'm not sure" Alex says poofing back up to the loft.