chapter 32

Luke's POV

"What just happened?" I gasp falling to my knees. "She's gone," I say tears pooling in my eyes.

My heart seems to shatter, this is unbelievable. He told me that there were consequences, just after almost 6 months of nothing from him we let our guards down. 

"We will get her back, We could just get her from that basement," Reggie says kneeling next to me. "He wouldn't be dumb enough to bring her there. I knew something would happen, I should have just stayed in that goddam basement" I cry. 

"Someone has to tell Ray," Alex says under his breath. I stand up and wipe the tears from my cheeks, my face red and wet from the tears. "I'll do it, he knows me best," I say biting my lip. This must have been what Julie was feeling. 

Alex and Reggie leave to tell others such as Flynn and Willie. I text Ray from Julie's phone asking him to come out into the studio. 

"Mija?" I hear Ray call around the corner. I'm leaning against the piano. Sometimes the occasional tear will fall, this is all my fault. 

"Ray um, we need to talk," I say as he walks into the studio. "Luke? What's wrong? Where is Julie?" He asks me looking concerned.

"Julie, She's gone," I say as tears fall like a waterfall. Ray's mouth hangs open "This is some prank right?" He says looking around, probably trying to find Julie. I shake my head 

"I had some issues with this guy, I initially needed help from him but turned it down when I heard the conditions. He grew spiteful of me and the other guys, he told me that he would hurt Julie if I didn't do what he said. Eventually, I got free of his control and he went MIA for 6 months. He showed up at the concert today and took Julie after" I explain to Ray the best way I could. 

He has a similar reaction to mine and falls to the ground. "I'm so sorry, I tried protecting her" I cry. 

Julie's POV

I open my eyes and I seem like I'm backstage. I look down and I'm in some vintage dress that flows down to my calf. It's uncomfortable. I'm scared. Where am I? 

"So you are the lifer that can make my band visible to other lifers, interesting" A cold voice says against the back of my neck. I'm extremely uncomfortable. "Who are you?" I say with a shaky voice 

"Caleb Covington at your service," He says poofing in front of me, extending a hand to shake. I keep my hands by my side. "Just kill me now," I say as a tear rolls down my face. This makes Caleb laugh.

"Why would I kill the only leverage I have against your little boyfriend. I need them all here in my house band" He says, great so I'm bait. "What do you want with me?" I ask, my voice still shaking. 

"Well, I want to use you, bait the guys out so that Luke will be a hero and try to save you. Remember, if you try anything, you will pay" He says with evil in his voice. 

"Why am I in this dress," I say looking down, "So many questions. Anyways, if you're going to be here might as well be useful and help out" He says opening a curtain to a stage with women dressed in beautiful feathers and men in pink and black suits. 

"I'm not doing this," I say, I just want to go home. "Oh yes you are," He says pushing me onstage. That's when I feel as if I'm not in control of my body. I'm singing but I don't want to. I don't even know the song I'm singing. 

Alex's POV

We come back into the studio to see Luke. He is a mess. It's been around an hour and he is broken more than Julie was when he disappeared.

"We will get our girl back. She won't be gone long" Reggie says with reassurance. "Stop it, if we don't go join his band, Julie will be stuck with that asshole for way too long," He says falling apart. 

I feel a buzz in my pocket, I take my phone out and check it. "Guy's it's Julie!" I scream. Lukes's head pops up "What do you mean? How?" I shake my head and press the link from the message she sent me. 

"Julie" I mutter as I see a live feed of her performing and the Ghost Club. Luke grabs my phone and looks at it, like clockwork, more tears start streaming down his face. "No, this isn't happening. NO!" Luke yells which just crushes me. I hate seeing Luke so down and upset. 

Reggie takes the phone and watches for a second before giving it back to me. I see a few tears fall from Reggies eyes.

Suddenly Luke poofs out, no information, just leaves.