chapter 55

***NEXT DAY***

REGGIE'S POV

In almost 10 minutes Flynn should be here and we will be leaving for our date. I'm nervous out of my mind. Do I even have a mind? Or I guess a brain? No idea. 

I'm pacing around like we all do when we are nervous. I'm wearing dark blue jeans and my white t-shirt. Julie picked it out for me. 

Luke and Julie had decided to get out and go for a little date night too. Alex is probably with Willie. "Hey, stranger" I hear Flynn's voice say at the doors to the studio. "GAH" I yell as she startled me. This makes her laugh. 

I look at her and smile. "You uh Flynn, you look amazing," I say taking her in. She's wearing a white tank top bodysuit and black jeans. She seriously looks amazing. 

"I could say the same for you," She says gesturing her arms towards me. I smile "Um so I have two places I wanted to take you" She nods. "Lead the way partner," She says reaching her hand for mine which I gladly take. 

We walk into the park where there is a live band performing. She looks around and smiles. "This looks like so much fun, I mean the Phantoms are better but still fun," She says winking at me as we join the crowd. 

It's a rock cover band performing. I look around and see a banner. 'The Crushers'. They aren't bad. Two female lead singers, a bassist, a drummer and two guitarists. "They don't suck," I say in Flynn's ear so that she can hear me. 
(Was this part a little self-promo for my actual band.... maybe)

"Still not the Phantoms" She laughs. We jam out to the music, some of it I recognize from when I was alive. This is actually really fun. Me and Flynn sing our hearts out along with the band and dance around. 

There are probably around 100 people in the crowd. I start feeling a little socially anxious but remember that because Flynn is here with me that I will be ok. After around an hour or two of having fun and dancing, we decide to hit the road and head to the second location. 

I hesitate to bring her but I thought that because this place was special to me that she would somewhat appreciate it. We walk for probably half an hour. We talk about everything and anything. She really gets to know the real me and I get to know her. 

She has such a huge humour for her generation. It's somewhat adorable. "Where are we headed by the way?" She asks as we walk down a trail. I chuckle. "Almost there just a few more minutes" 

We walk for probably ten more minutes till we get to a small opening in the forest. There is a lamp that lights the area as the sun has started to set, a bench, and one more thing. 

Flynn walks over to the middle of the opening where she falls to the ground. A rock, with carvings engraved into it. She traces the words with her fingers. 

I sit down on the bench behind the rock. Then I start speaking 

"Reginald Peters. 1978-1995. Beloved by his parents, brother and friends. Beloved son, brother, and friend. May the sun never set in his heaven" I say as I've memorized the stone already. 

"Reggie why arent you in a proper grave?" Flynn says tearing up. "My parent's marriage was always on the rocks. My father was abusive towards me and my brother" I sigh "Guess they didn't care enough" I say trying not to cry. 

Flynn sits next to me. "Hey, you are loved by so many people in your life right now. We are your family. Me, Julie, Alex, Luke, Willie. We are your real family here" She says resting her head on my shoulder. 

This is a new side of Flynn that I've never seen before, she is being so sincere and serious. "Thank you," I say resting my head lightly on hers. "Always" She mutters. 

"Why did you actually take me here? Don't get me wrong I loved it but why share this with me?" She says keeping her head where it is. I sigh "I come here when I want to be alone or I need to think. It's my special spot and I wanted to share that with a special girl" I say smiling. 

"Reggie this was probably the best date ever," She says lifting her head. I look into her eyes. I want to kiss her but I chicken out. "Um we should probably head back," I say seeing that the sun has pretty much fully gone down. 

We walk back and keep talking. I feel free when I'm with her. I've never felt this way for anyone before. When we get back to her house I give her a hug, once again chicken out on a kiss. 

I watch her run to her front door. She puts the key in and turns it. Then she reaches for the door handle. I just want to make sure she gets in safely. 

Before she turns the door handle she looks back at me when I give her a joyful wave goodbye. 

Then she stops, turns towards me and runs up to me. She grabs my face and pulls me in and kisses me. Flynn kissed me? This girl really is something else. I kiss her back and smile into it. I can feel a smile form on her lips as she pulls away.

"Night Reggie" She smiles as she runs into the house. 

I poof back into the studio and fall onto the couch in shock. Alex, Luke and Julie were back and they were rehearsing. "Something happened. What happened?" Julie says looking at me. Before I can answer her, her phone starts ringing. 

"It's Flynn so if you fucked up I swear to god," She says as she steps out of the studio. "So what happened," Luke asks me as he slips his guitar off his body.

Then we hear what sounds like Julie scream as she was probably heading into her house "HE DID WHAT" This makes both Alex and Luke look at me like I did something wrong. I stutter but get something out "She kissed me," I say still somewhat dazed. 

"Wait like she made the move? Go Flynn" Alex says seeming impressed. "That's awesome man. Where did you guys go? What did you do?" Luke asks like he wants to know every detail

I fulfil the interest he has in the date and explain what went on, I left the part about my grave out though. I really hope Flynn leaves it out too. 

Flynn's POV

After I get back inside the house I start internally freaking out. "That just happened," I say under my breath. I run upstairs, I need to call Julie. 

I put the phone on speaker as I wait for her to pick it up. After a second of dialling, she answers. "Ok if Reggie did something I will kick his ass. He looks like he saw a ghost a second ago" She says "I KISSED HIM. ME! I KISSED HIM" I scream hoping my parents won't hear. 

"HE DID WHAT" Julie screams as I hear her open a door. "I know, some rush took over me and I couldn't end the date without a kiss. He seemed like he wanted to kiss me but anxiety or nerves took over or something" I say pacing as I take the phone off of speaker. 

"Ok well tell me everything, leave out no detail," She says in a pleading tone. I talk about the band and the walk we took but decide to leave out the part with the grave. That was special to him, he has never brought anyone there. 

"Oh my god! This is so weird. We are dating ghost best friends. This world is insane" Julie chuckles. We sit and talk for a while, Julie tells me about their date too. Seems like they just went for a walk and got dinner. 

I check the time and groan "Ugh we have school tomorrow. Gotta go" We say our goodbyes and I hang up the phone. I get ready for bed and try to sleep. That last moment of the date circling through my mind on repeat. 

I can't sleep as all I think of is Reggie. How sweet and thoughtful he was with the date. It was perfect, absolutely perfect.

~~~~~

Heya! I think this is where I'm gonna stop for the night. Who knows I might write another chapter later tonight no clue. Well, I'm gonna keep this short cause my hands are cramping. Bye for now.