chapter 79

⚠️POSSIBLE TW: MILD RACISM⚠️

Also, someone pointed out the PLL similarities from the end of the last chapter and I didn't even think about that lol

LUKE'S POV

"Or else?" I scoff as I toss the envelope into my bedside table. Gotta be some dumb prank from Reggie, his room is right next to mine. But why the letter V? Did I know someone like that?

I shake off the feeling and head to bed. Ray told us that if we were going to be staying with him, we had to still go to school. So tomorrow, me and the guys are going to get Willie to change our profiles on the system to have our birth year be 2002 and not 1978. 

***NEXT DAY***

"Morning Luke," Julie says as I walk down the stairs. "Hello there beautiful," I say kissing her cheek as I reach into the fridge. Ray had already left for work and we can hear Reggie and Alex playing in the studio. 

"So are you really enrolling in school? You wouldn't be graduating, you don't have any high school credits. You legit dropped out of school" Julie says throwing her backpack on her shoulder. 

"Well luckily for you, we have a ghost friend who can fix all of that for us," I say kissing her cheek as Flynn comes bursting through the front door. "Morning lovebirds. Now guess who just got a call from Ms. Burble?" 

Ms. Burble is the school's guidance councillor. "Wh-" Flynn cuts Julie off. "I DID ME ME ME" Flynn starts jumping up and down. "Someone wanna explain why we are excited" I laugh, Julie, looking just as confused as me.

"She thinks that I have a real chance of getting into HARVARD LAW. I will get to live out my Elle Woods fantasy!" Flynn screams. "First off. Congratulations and second, Who is Elle Woods?" I laugh. Flynn looks offended. 

"You have known this man for over a year and still haven't watched Legally Blond with him?" Flynn tisks Julie. "Has Reggie watched it?" Julie laughs back. "OF COURSE HE HAS. I've made him watch all the classics. He's a HUGE fan of mean girls" Flynn laughs. 

"Anyways you girls should be off to school. I will see you later" I say pulling Julie in by her waist and kissing her lightly. "GET. A. ROOM!" Flynn claps back. I roll my eyes. "Shut up" I chuckle. "Love you" Julie yells out as Flynn drags her out the door.

JULIE'S POV

As Flynn and I walk to school she raves on about being the next Elle Woods of our generation. Flynn's voice is slightly raised as she raves on and on, she is really excited. As we are walking I notice somebody walking behind us. I think nothing of it as this is a popular neighbourhood. 

After about ten minutes of walking, I notice the person is still behind us. I look back and notice it's a man, a cop, in his early forties to late thirties. I wave and smile to be polite but this is stressing me out. I lean into Flynn and whisper. "I'm serious, don't look but someone is tailing us" She looks nervous but nods

"Excuse me?" I hear the man call out. We don't think he is talking to us so we keep walking. "I said excuse me. Girls" He yells louder, this makes my stomach drop. "Yes sir?" I say as we turn around to face the cop. 

"Where are you girls headed?" He says getting close to us. "That's none of your business" Flynn chuckles, clearly he wasn't having it. "Do you have ID?" He asks holding his hand out. Me and Flynn exchange looks. 

I slowly slip my hand into my pocket, I notice his hand flinching down to his waist. "I'm just grabbing my driver's license," I say slowly pulling it out. Flynn does the same. Sadly, this isn't the first time this has happened in our caucasian dominated neighbourhood.