chapter 70

LUKE'S POV

"Julie what has gotten into you. Your acting like a new person" I say grabbing one of her hands which she pulls back quickly. "Maybe I'm just finally becoming the person I was meant to be" Julie scoffs. 

I bite my lip and shake my head. "That's it. I'm leaving. We will talk later" I say storming back into the house. 

"It was great seeing you guys but I need to go," I say to the family as I grab my jacket and rush out the door. 

Once I've started walking I realize I have no idea where I'm headed. Then it hits me.

"Luke?" Mom says as she opens the front door. "I um need a place to stay for a little bit. I am quiet and won't bother you" I say standing outside. 

"You don't need to explain anything. Always welcome here" She says moving to the side to let me in. "So did Julie say yes?" Mom says squealing. 

I bite my tongue. "I don't want to talk about that right now. I just want to talk to you" I say pulling her in for a hug. "Ok then, I'm always here for you though," She says as we pull away. 

"Mitch look who's home," She says as we walk into the living room. Dad comes over and gives me a tight hug. "Actually... I need some relationship advice" I say as we sit down on the couch. 

"I proposed in the most romantic way possible. We had an amazing night. Then when she wakes up it's like she is a new person. In the morning it was some rude comments and comebacks but it slowly turned into not thinking straight or something" I say biting my lip trying to figure out what happened. 

"So I guess, did that happen to you guys? Is that like a thing with getting engaged? I don't understand the way women work" I chuckle. Mom chuckles.

"No, women don't become mean like that. Could it be some supernatural issue?" Dad suggests. I guess they are picking up on this stuff quicker than I thought. 

"Absolutely no clue, it's a real possibility though," I say thinking. "Maybe she just needs some time. It may have something to do with her mother. She mentioned that her mother passed two years ago" Mom chimes in. 

I put my head in my hands. "I just want to make her happy. I would do anything for that girl" I shake my head. Mom comes over to me and rubs my back. "I understand, I would do anything for your father," She says looking over at Dad. 

"This is too complicated. I'm headed to bed" I say seeing that it is pretty early. "Oh ok then. Goodnight Luke" Dad says as I stand up. "Love you guys," I say walking up to my room. 

This is too much. Why is Julie acting this way? But Dad has a point of it possibly being a supernatural issue. Maybe Caleb is back? Maybe a new threat? Why can't we just have a normal life?

JULIE'S POV

After Luke stormed out I head to the studio. I can't deal with my family right now. Something in me feels like a rubber band about to snap constantly. 

"Julie, aren't you supposed to be eating dinner with Luke?" Alex asks sitting on the couch. "Well, Luke is gone so you can ask him about that," I say in a sassy tone. "Why did he leave?" Reggie half laughs from the armchair. 

"I don't know Reg, maybe ask him. Oh, wait we can't! Because he stormed out on his fiance" I shake my head and chuckle. "Honestly can't believe him," I say under my breath. 

The guy's exchange looks then look back at me. "Julie. Are you ok?" Alex says to me with a hint of concern. 

"You can't ask if I'm alright when both of you aren't alright yourselves. I mean Alex you are dating someone who almost got you all killed. And Reggie, your family life wasn't exactly a perfect nuclear suburban family" I snap.